This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    Yep, sorry, but I seem to be lost which version, lite or full, I have to use to test the latest Riot plugin.
    Either I guess, since both need testing. Lucian always recommends the full version, which obviously has more to test. Test both the stable 0.1.13 and the latest 0.2.0, as they are different. 0.2.0 doesn't have the fixes present in 0.1.13 yet, and 0.2.0 is the new generation.

EDIT : made the thread sticky btw..
    Yeah!

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
    I hope version 0.2.1 will be ready in 2-3 months.
    Will only some or all of the planned features make it into 0.2.1? Are we really waiting for 0.2.6, which will be a ways off? Is there any sort of timeline?
    Last edited by Skippybox; 05.11.2008, 03:31 AM.

Comment

There is a timeline, but it is flexible, because I work at this program in my spare time and I may get extremely busy sometimes. Also I may be forced by my girlfriend to spend more time with her rather than with RIOT

The plans are to finish 0.2.1 in 2-3 months (this includes intensive testing). I am not happy that 0.1 contained such many errors. I want to wait more until I release and official version and you can help me in this area.

0.2.1 will contain basically these modifications:
      -bugfix for small resize problems reported by skippybox
      -bugfixes for the problems that were fixed in 0.1.13 and persists in 0.2.0
      -major interface modifications with aesthetic and usability changes
      -options/preferences dialog
      -ini file to keep settings
      -option to keep or remove transparency, and a few things to chose about that
      -plugins: option to import metadata, transparency and icc profile from the original file when loaded as DIB (always with IV) and a file exists.

0.3 will contain enhanced transparency support jpeg smoothening and maybe a crop function.
      RIOT developer
      visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Your plans for 0.2.1 and 0.3 are very extensive and fastidious!
        Then a lot of new ideas will become reality!

But I advise you also, a good girl friend is much more worth than such a program!
        Therefore it's better to make a pause with the program!
        It's your program and therefore it's also your decision, when and how it continues!
        Finally you decides, what becomes reality!
        And a larger break lets also more time to thinking!

You wrote:
        ... Your icons are not suggestive for this function ...
        I answer:
        My ideas will be only suggestions in each case!
        My last idea was only a quick idea!
        I thought again and wil give you a new idea for "in-place compare"!

see:

Important is:

If I am using the "preview" button
        • then I want to see only the preview of the 'Initial image' or the preview of the 'Optimized image'!

If I am using the "in-place compare" button
        • then I want to see the same image content in the right 'Optimized image' window as in the left 'Initial image' window!
          (Only the differences must be visible!)
        • and zooming or moving in the left or right image, then the same must happen also in the other picture!

Still another note for you and Skippybox:
        It's difficult for me to translate or understand extremely long texts! It's better to answer short and precisely!

Good-bye

Comment

I was kidding about my girlfriend not letting me work. You took this seriously ?
          RIOT developer

Comment

Why not? Love is a great power!

Comment

I was kidding about my girlfriend not letting me work. You took this seriously ?
              I did!

Frank, I almost did not think it was you. No italics!

Comment

I hope your girlfriend isn't reading this.

Comment

She just read it.
                  At a certain interval she googles me, there for today I am eating cold meal.
                  I am joking obviously.

Version 0.1.14 is released to fix problems reported by skippybox

- fixed some small resize problems in Fit in window. The picture margins were not shown.
                  Fixed !

RIOT developer

Comment

She just read it.
                    At a certain interval she googles me, there for today I am eating cold meal.
                    I am joking obviously.
                    About which part?

Comment

With everything besides she has read it.
                      RIOT developer

Comment

0.1.14 seems to work much better now, but why do some images such as my BorderBox.png, still open at a smaller zoom percentage (54%) before clicking fit (56%)?

[ATTACH]933[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here it opens your file at 54%. After pressing Fit in window it remains 54%.
                          RIOT developer

Comment

Not sure why yours always are 54% and never 56%.

The difference seems to be encountered when I use Save for Web versus Open in RIOT. So, it must be related to the DIB images. If I use Open, the image zooms to 56% and is unchanged by clicking fit. If I use Save for Web, the image zooms to 54% and becomes 56% upon clicking fit. Oddly, most images do not encounter this behavior. It seems to be these simple images that do it.

Try this:

1. Create a new empty image in IrfanView with dimensions 280x280.
                            2. Choose Save for Web

It will load at 96% initially. Then upon clicking fit it will jump to 100%. That is quite a jump! It seems more pronounced at these larger zooms.

RIOT DLL 0.1.14
                            Last edited by Skippybox; 11.11.2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I cannot confirm this.
                              I did as you said and the zoom is fixed at 96% even after Fit in window.

Do you see any changes in the image itself ?
                              RIOT developer

Comment

Yes, the image gets larger and fills the preview box.

Comment

Working...
                                X