Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The image appears to get proportionally larger, but the gray background of the preview box is eliminated on the top and bottom when I click fit, and the image zooms in a little more. The gray sides get smaller obviously, but remain, since I'd imagine the preview box is not square?

Comment

You are saying that your BorderBox,png is not fitted correctly on load only when using LoadFromDIB ?

And it is fitted correctly when using open from RIOT ?

Could you post a screenshot for the first case after loading ?
      RIOT developer
      visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
        You are saying that your BorderBox,png is not fitted correctly on load only when using LoadFromDIB ?

And it is fitted correctly when using open from RIOT ?

Could you post a screenshot for the first case after loading ?
        Yes.

I could post both.

Comment

Screenshots

Save For Web Before Clicking Fit:
          [ATTACH]998[/ATTACH]

Save For Web After Clicking Fit:
          [ATTACH]999[/ATTACH]

Using Open in RIOT
          [ATTACH]1000[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here is that other scenario we tried with a new image.

New Image from memory before Fit:
            [ATTACH]1001[/ATTACH]

New Image from memory after Fit:
            [ATTACH]1002[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have found the problem, but I didn't had the time to find a solution.
              This is related to controls beeing resized/realigned after the fit in window size is calculated.
              I will come up with a solution in short time. Thanks for telling me about this.

These problems affects only people that are not using visual styles or are using modified window types.
              RIOT developer

Comment

Hello Skippybox,

I just looked into the source code and I found a workaround for this error.
                Please download this beta release and tell me if you still have display problems on image load.

Download link:

(This is the lite version.)

I tested with version 0.2.1 (not released yet) but this version is working well and does not need this workaround.

PS: softpedia.com and majorgeeks.com included RIOT 0.2.0 in their software archive.
                softpedia has given also a 100% clean award.

Download RIOT 1.0.1 - Optimize JPEG, GIF or PNG images before publishing them on the web using this intuitive application that lets you make various photo adjustments

Last edited by luciansabo; 13.11.2008, 06:14 PM.
                RIOT developer

Comment

Lucian,

It seems I am finding all your problems! The beta 0.1.15 Lite worked well for me upon loading. I am now getting the full zoom the first time, which is great.

Now the bad news. I took a closer look at the images and discovered that the original problem has returned, or is still present. Parts of the images are still cut off, as I will demonstrate.

Here is the BorderBox.png again, but you will notice that the border is not proportional. Obviously, the image is square 500x500 with a 10px border. However, the border sides are 6px, but the top and bottom are only 5px. Clearly, the image is still being cropped by a pixel.
                  [ATTACH]1003[/ATTACH]
                  When you maximize the window, the full 6px are present.
                  [ATTACH]1004[/ATTACH]
                  The problem also appears on the Crop.jpg image, but in a different way. The sides are causing a problem instead. You can see it in my side-by-side comparison, how it is also off by about a pixel.
                  [ATTACH]1005[/ATTACH]
                  I have provided an overlay as well, which hopefully demonstrates it.
                  [ATTACH]1006[/ATTACH]

My oh my...

Comment

It seems I am finding all your problems
                    And thank you very much for your help !

Download from same location the updated DLL. I have fixed a small display bug in actual view (1:1) also. You didn't seen that

I hope I can put some 0.2.1 screenshots in short time...
                    RIOT developer

Comment

0.2.1 alpha screenshots

Here are as I promised some screenshots with 0.2.1
                      What do you think ?
                      Attached Files
                      RIOT developer

Comment

We need an exterminator!

I have fixed a small display bug in actual view (1:1) also. You didn't seen that
                        Guess I was too distracted with the other problems!

Beta2 shows improvement. Unfortunately, we are still drowning in bugs...

Now when you switch Dual view OFF, then back ON, the image is once again cut off.

[ATTACH]1009[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1010[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]1011[/ATTACH]

Fit in window only big images also is causing a change in image size.

[ATTACH]1012[/ATTACH]
                        FIT
                        [ATTACH]1013[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1014[/ATTACH]
                        FIT------------1:1

This is also makes me wonder: How do you determine if the image is 1:1 if the zoom is showing 100%? Rounding could give you the wrong impression. Is there some way around this or indicate it?

Comment

Here are as I promised some screenshots with 0.2.1
                          What do you think ?
                          First off, congratulations on the new design!

I don't like how big the buttons are. I like the look of small buttons, plus they take up less space.

I don't like the new rotate, resize, etc. buttons. It is more difficult to tell what they are and they look very similar. The old ones were easy to distinguish since they weren't all the same color. It is hard to tell what the compress to size button is.

The new fit button looks odd. As do the magnifiers since they are so large.

I do like the balanced look now, especially since it widens the display (most images are wide). I like how things are more consolidated. Where did auto preview go?

Can we have a user customized interface with options like text ON/OFF or skins?

Comment

How do you determine if the image is 1:1 if the zoom is showing 100%
                            To be sure you are seeing the original size you must press 1:1 (Actual view)
                            I don't like the new rotate, resize, etc. buttons. It is more difficult to tell what they are and they look very similar.
                            I was wondering the same thing. These new buttons look more polished, but the old ones are more distinct and easy to understand.
                            About the big zoom icons, I would like more oppinions. They are a bit large indeed.

The main toolbar buttons should be large, because they are important.

Where did auto preview go?
                            I moved automatic preview in the View menu, as checkbox like Dual view or Fit only big. The reason is most people want to see instant results and the processing speed is good enough.

Can we have a user customized interface with options like text ON/OFF or skins?
                            On/off for text labels in the main toolbar. I will not insert skin support. Too much overload. It is better to have a smart interface based on people suggestions.

I think the new interface is better organized and the screenshots are here to receive suggestions/improvements.

I was thinking that we should put these modifications in a 0.3 branch, leave the 0.2 branch with the old interface and provide only bugfixes.
                            The interface changes are dramatic and deserve a next minor version.
                            RIOT developer

Comment

new beta, solved dual view switch, but not sure about the other two.
                              Same download location: http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/beta/Riot.dll

I have slightly decreased the fit in window display ratio.
                              You have the right tools to test I see... Please tell me if the fit in window bugs persist.
                              If so, I need more explanations about them. I really can't replicate the bugs, because my tests went fine.
                              RIOT developer

Comment

Me getting tired...

You have the right tools to test I see...
                                What tools? I'm just using the right images and a simple pixel ruler. Don't you have one? How do you test?

Please tell me if the fit in window bugs persist.
                                If so, I need more explanations about them.
                                Well, I can't move BorderBox.png in single view when the window is maximized (or fully sized) and I have clicked 1:1. The zoom is 100%, but the image is stuck in the preview box. As soon as the window gets a little smaller, the image is movable once again. If it helps, my screen resolution is 768x1024 (HxW). Maybe since the image is 100%, both fitted and 1:1, RIOT doesn't know it can move, since it seems fitted? It's a guess. This is probably normal, right?

The next two problems have to do with BorderBox.png, in single view when the window is maximized also. Fit in window only big images is ON. When fitted and 1:1, zoom is 100%, but the image displays at 500x498 (WxH). From that, I would think the zoom is 100% since the full 500px exists in one dimension, but that a pixel is cut off the top and bottom. The borders are 10px left and right, but 9px top and bottom. Now Fit in window only big images is OFF. When fitted, zoom is now 99%, and the image displays at 497x497 with 10px borders. When at 1:1, zoom is 100%, but the image displays at 500x498 with 10px left/right borders and 9px top/bottom borders. So, the same problem with cutoff occurs with 1:1, whether or not Fit in window only big images is ON or OFF. However, with it ON, the image is incorrectly displaying at 100%, instead of 99% when fitted.

This all made me wonder: Should the image be movable when fitted if it is indeed 1:1, too? Or is that blocked in fit mode? Perhaps not, since higher zooms than 1:1 cannot be panned if they are fitted either. But I did have a problem with that. I tried BorderBox.png resized in IV to 20% (100x100) and with just Fit in window only big images OFF, it loads at 277%. If I zoom out once to 231%, then zoom in once to 278%, the image cannot be panned. Is that correct or an error? I think it indicates a problem with the zoom function as well because I tried it back and forth and the zoom keeps growing by some error (232%, 279, 233, 280, 234, 281, 235, 282 -eek). Unfortunately, the fit function doesn't recognize the enlargement.

Considering all the issues found so far, I wouldn't doubt there are more problems lingering somewhere in RIOT. I will not try to find them all. I hope other users are testing, too. I don't use everything. Lucian, you should make sure you are double-checking all the interconnected features, so these problems don't creep up.
                                Last edited by Skippybox; 16.11.2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X