Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank, thank you for your subscription. If you want I can subscribe you with your email address instead of that from googlemail. But you need to send me a private message with your email address.
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      ... But is it possible to add icons to all text in the menu to have a correct look of the GUI?
      Yes, in 0.3 with the new user interface.
      That is a good message!
      But you could ask also the author Irfan Skiljan, how he solved the problem in IrfanView!
      What do you think about the new user interface?
      Did you seen the screenshots?
      Did you mean these screenshots?
      see:

(Click to view full size!)

The new GUI has a good look!
      But I don't understand one icon/symbol! (See the arrow!)
      What is its meaning?
      And why not place the 'Paste' icon into the toolbar between the two pictures?
      Or did you mean something other with 'Paste'?
      Did you subscribed into the RIOT development group?
      http://groups.google.com/group/riot-devel
      Yes - I subscribed into the RIOT development group before approximately two hours!
      I've created a new email address for the whole post concerning the IrfanView Support Forum and RIOT!
      This email address I will add next time to my email program Thunderbird!

Comment

Look at this: http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=3240
        This would be an enormous asset for RIOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Haha - I'm surprised, Skippybox doesn't find each bug!
          Why would I want to? Be my guest.

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
          I see it is averaging between black and orange. From what I read it should not add new colors, but it's not my personal implementation so I cannot tell you much about this box filter. This is part of FreeImage.
          On the other hand try IrfanView resize on BorderBox to see what is doing to the margins. I never use resize in my work.
          Here is resize:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image003.png
Views:	1
Size:	365 Bytes
ID:	79480

Looks like it is just choosing orange or black.

You have an attitude problem. I really don't like your irony.
          There are 5 members in the group except me.
          Can't take some humor? The fact that there are so few, that you could easily find me in the list, is definitely interesting. Need I remind you that no one signed up as a beta tester, out of the thousands of RIOT users? Or the lack of feedback posts in this thread. You can see why I imagined a low turnout. Sure, I would like it to be otherwise, but let's face it, 5 or 10 members doesn't show much enthusiasm. Remember, it could be something positive, it could mean RIOT is perfect.

In any case, I have dutifully unsubscribed, since it appears I do not fit in the group. I will not bother you any more.
          Last edited by Skippybox; 24.11.2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hmm, obviously some communications are not working properly here.

To be honest, my hesitation about this mailinglist was first of all, that I didn't see any reason for it.
            All goes fine, the RIOT is a sticky in the plugin section, and we exchange matters about it.
            I'm not a member of mailinglists about whatsoever, so why should I break my rule this time ?
            I've got the feeling, that this construction is some kind of taking distance from the IV forum.

I don't agree with Skippybox though. The number of members is not that important.
            Better have 5 dedicated persons, than 32 occasional readers with almost no contribution.

So to get back on topic, no irony here : I prefer to read answers about Frank's icon questions.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Looks like it is just choosing orange or black.
              Yes, but I wanted to show you it is not maintaining the border size equal.

I didn't find your remark funny - I found it malicious, and the first time you made such remarks I didn't said anything, because I took that as a joke. I don't want anyone to continuously make fun of my work. I really appreciate your help but I didn't liked your attitude in some situations.

5 or 10 members doesn't show much enthusiasm
              I don't think 7 members after few days is something to laugh about. Even if the group was empty there is nothing to laugh about... I just started him.
              I think this group will grow. I agree with sam_zen, better few dedicated persons than 300 that are not interested.

And this marks the end of the discussion with you about RIOT. You are not subscribed anymore to the RIOT group like you requested.

About icons:
              That new icon wants to be in fact Fit in window
              The toolbar from center contains only zoom functions and in-place compare.
              Paste is in top, in the main toolbar next to open and save where it is in most programs.

What about the new icons (rotate, flip, resize). Do you think I should use the old ones ?
              Do you think the zoom icons are too big and I should use the old icons ?
              RIOT developer

Comment

I don't have any vertical bar with buttons between the pictures..
                I don't understand. Thought maybe I had an older version of the lite plugin, so I did 0.2.0, but no change.
                Then I installed the full plugin, but no difference.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

We were talking about the upcoming 0.3 that was never released. You have some screenshots in this topic if you read some earlier posts.
                  RIOT developer

Comment

I see. I saw the screenshots that's why I wondered.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Regrets

Lucian,

I am truly sorry if I offended you in any way. My intentions were never to insult your wonderful work. I would have never assisted you, if I did not value your software. Surely, you must know that. RIOT is a splendid tool, and I am sure that many users around the world, feel the same. I think you try very hard with your efforts, to deliver a world-class product in your valuable spare time. I also admire your daily devotion to user's comments and requests. I really do wish you success.

I appreciate all the time you have given me to address my concerns about RIOT. I sure hope you realize all the sacrifices I have made to help you. Maybe then you will understand my frustration at times. Likewise, I did not enjoy being poked at by users, for reporting bugs.

I do think you have the best intentions with your ideas, and that the mailing list will grow. I never laughed at the number of members in your group. I agree that dedication counts for something. My only point was that there should be some diversity in the discussions, and that requires more members. Moreover, simply being a member does not imply dedication. Nonetheless, it is an effort worth pursuing, Lucian.

Again Lucian, please accept all my apologies. Thank-you.

Yes, but I wanted to show you it is not maintaining the border size equal.
                      That is quite true. I definitely see how box filter has an advantage from that standpoint.

Comment

I accept your appologies. You are a smart guy and your message proves me again this. I do appreciate your valuable help, and I do know how frustrating can be sometimes software testing.
                        The only thing I did not understood was on one side your dedicated help and on the other your pessimism, minimization and irony for something you take part at.

I really don't know if the problem is linguistic. I am not a native english speaker and you are. Some phrases may have been misinterpreted.
                        BTW: How is my english from 1 to 10 ? Just curious.
                        RIOT developer

Comment

Hmm, I don't think the problem is linguistic (using this term for example..)
                          I'm not a native english speaker either and so far I had no problem with what you are talking about. So an 8.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks. I guess I wanted you to know I was uncomfortable doing this and that I was giving up my time. This was in part due to the fact that I had to explain every problem so accurately to you. I was hoping that you would realize the interrelatedness of the bugs and solve them on your own. Take for instance when you said, "I forgot to put that "- 4 pixels" when using fit in window only big". I would have imagined that you might fix both modes at the same time from the beginning. I also wanted you to know that I didn't really enjoy that there were so many bugs, but you assured me that it is normal. I'm sure you can relate using other software.

I really don't know if the problem is linguistic. I am not a native english speaker and you are. Some phrases may have been misinterpreted.
                            BTW: How is my english from 1 to 10 ? Just curious.
                            Maybe, but probably not. I agree with Sam_Zen you are an 8 or 9. Sometimes your words are misspelled or your phrasing is unusual. However, if I didn't know it, I wouldn't guess that English wasn't your primary language. Believe it or not, you write better than most people who natively speak or write English! I am very impressed. You have a very good command of the language.

Comment

Good be know we understand eachother. The most wonderful thing in this multicultural/multilingual world of internet is that people from different corners of the world can share ideas

I am preparing version 0.2.1 that will correct the bugs fixed in 0.1.14 and 0.1.15. This new version will provide some speed optimizations.
                              RIOT developer

Comment

The possibilities are amazing.

Version 0.2.1 will include the fixes from 0.1.13
                                ???

Comment

Working...
                                X