Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.2 is coming soon. I hope to find some time to finish it.
    In 0.2 there is a plan to add:
    - Unicode support
    - options/preferences dialog, program configuration file (ini)
    - save settings on exit (including chroma subsampling )
    - plugins: import metadata, iCC profile and transparency from the original file
    - keep EXIF (? not sure)
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Nice expectations.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

double clicking of the preview

suggestions:
        1.) The ability to 'double clicking of the preview'!
        Then it would be possible to see a bigger picture in original picture size or in fullscreen!
        2.) If 'alpha transparency' will come sometimes for the PNG format,
        then it would be also a nice feature (for other supported formats like JPEG or BMP) to be able to select
        a color for a (possible) unicolor background picture! (Same picture size for selected picture and background picture!!!)
        Then you could make something similar with JPEG or BMP format as 'alpha transparency' with PNG format!

using:
        - IrfanView: V4.20
        - RIOT-Plugin: DLL Lite v0.1.11
        Last edited by Frank; 03.10.2008, 08:35 PM. Reason: changings

Comment

Seeing at least the preview at its original size would be a nice feature.
          Or the ability to see and move zoomed parts of the picture inside the preview-window.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The program already has a function to show the image at its original size. You can access it by Menu->View->Actual view (1:1) or by pressing the speed button labeled 1:1.

Double click would be another shortcut, but maybe a more useful use of double-click would be a optimized-original swap to compare in-place the differences, like someone suggested on the website:

Your side-by-side-image-view is great of course. But it is only useful for significant reduction in quality. Actually minor differences CANNOT be seen side-by-side!
            That’s why professional programs like Photoshop use an “in-place view”, where you click (on the image or a button next to the image) and the image changes from “original” to “optimized” as long as the mouse button is pressed. With the two images being exactly at the same location, you can actually see, which pixels change/move. This way you can adjust the quality slider gradually until you reach a position where you cannot (or nearly cannot) see pixels change, if you want to optimize your image but still want to keep the quality virtually unchanged to the human eye.

So therefore I’d suggest that, if you can, you would let the user click on a button (or into the image) and the image switches from “original” to “optimized” as long as the button is pressed.
            When the image is bigger than the scroll window you can drag it to see hidden parts. I don't understand your request, sam_zen, this is already included.

I cannot confirm the bug reported by Skippybox.

I may found a method to eliminate the incompatibility with the unicode plugin. It needs to be tested further more.
            RIOT developer

Comment

No bug!

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
              I cannot confirm the bug reported by Skippybox.
              Sorry, I took a second look at the problem and noticed that there is in fact a preview. The color is simply so faint it looks like nothing.

I think they are asking for a fullscreen function similar to FastStone's Advanced Save As.
              Last edited by Skippybox; 16.10.2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Me sorry too, Lucian. My view mode was set to fit window.
                The speed button 1:1 is not 'sunken' if enabled, like the jpg button, by the way.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I don't think it should be sunkened. This may confuse users. Zooming will cause image resizing and with 1:1 sunken, users will think this is the actual size.
                  RIOT developer

Comment

You've got a point there.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

RIOT beta 0.2

Hello guys,

I have a nice surprize for you.
                      You get to test an unofficial beta release of RIOT. (0.2 beta)

download from here:

I have noticed some minor font display problems in Vista for the About dialog, but this will be solved.
                      This beta release is not intended for the general public and must be tested.

Here are the changes:
                      v.0.2 beta
                      - full unicode support
                      - added option to keep/remove embedded JPEG EXIF profile
                      - plugins: now fully compatible with ansi2unicode plugin from IrfanView
                      - plugins: new Unicode-enabled functions
                      - minor changes in about dialog
                      - added PNG preview in open dialog

v.0.1.12 (stable - not released yet)
                      -bugfix: ICC profile is lost after Rotate. Fixed.
                      RIOT developer

Comment

I checked the DLL file, but I noticed that this is not the Lite version. It needs installing the FreeImage DLL as well.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Yes this is the extended version and it needs FreeImage.dll in the main IrfanView folder.
                          I may decide to release the Lite version only when reaching stable versions.
                          It is hard to build/maintain 3 versions all the time.

0.1.12 was released to fix a bug with ICC loss after rotate.

What do you think about 0.2 ? Any problems so far ?
                          RIOT developer

Comment

I understand the 3 version thing.
                            I don't know about 0.2 yet, because I wanted to wait for your reply.
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

What I am thinking about RIOT beta V0.2.0?

RIOT beta 0.2 works!
                              (The file "FreeImage.dll" must be placed in the main folder of IrfanView)
                              • Until now I can't see any new difficult problems or bugs!
                              • The past incompatibility with 'ansi2unicode' plugin from IrfanView is eliminated! (Congratulation!)
                              • But I don't understand the function 'Remove Metadata'!
                                This new option to keep/remove embedded JPEG EXIF profile does not really works!
                                I can't switch OFF/ON the options Comments, ITPC info, XMP info, EXIF profile, ICC profile!
                                These options are not selectable for me!
                                Why???

And in addition it's also impossible for me to select only one or few (and not all) of these options!
                              • Also I don't understand the necessity of the picture at the right side in 'Save as' dialog!
                                What's the sense of this picture!
                                I can see the picture only if I choose and click this picture file in the selection view!
                                Why not immediately if I select 'Save as'?

• Feature Requests:
                                - 'transparent mode' for the whole picture/not only for one color (with the possibility to change transparency/opacity per percent!)
                                - watermark function, using 'transparent mode' and a selectable overlay picture
                                - multilanguage support

regards
                              Frank

Comment

Transparent mode for the whole picture would mean working with layers...
                                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X