Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reporting this. I already confirmed it in the previous message.
    The problem is in the function that is called from the save dialog (this means from RIOT_SaveToFile). This does not affect using "Compress to size" within RIOT.

The limit should not be exceeded and the difference comes as I can guess from chroma subsampling setting.
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize the two issues were interelated. I was just giving you more information in case you were focused, but I guess you'll be going over all this in your checks for inconsistencies. You did miss these problems in the beginning after all.

Comment

I appreciate your help. thank you again.
        RIOT developer

Comment

A bug has been found in the plugin version of RIOT that affects JPEG compress to size. This has been fixed in version 0.1.13 and will be fixed for 0.2.x in the next version.
          IrfanView users that worked with Save dialog->"Set file size" from single or batch mode are suggested to update.
          "Compress to size" within RIOT was not affected by these bugs.

Download from here:

Here is the changelog:
          Code:
          [B]v.0.1.13[/B]
          -plugins bugfix: in RIOT_saveToFile (affects IrfanView Save dialog->Set file size).
          When no flags are sent (greyscale and color subsampling are not selected)
          the file is forced to be saved as progressive
          -plugins bugfix: in RIOT_saveToFile - compress to size uses the last tested settings
          and this usually leads to inaccuracy.
          -plugins: RIOT_saveToFile (compress to size) speed improved
          Thanks to Skippybox and mastodon for reporting strange behaviour.
          Last edited by luciansabo; 20.10.2008, 05:44 PM.
          RIOT developer

Comment

Good to see this fixed, Lucian. Like you requested, we definitely need more users to give us their critical eye, and test this stuff, for problems as elemental as this. If I had a better understanding of how this plugin worked I would have probably reported it faster.

Comment

I don't have much spare time to work for RIOT and that's why errors can occur.
              But a stable version will always be available.
              For now 0.1.13 is considered stable. Version 0.2.1 will include the fixes from 0.1.13

Any error will be corrected in the stable version first.
              RIOT developer

Comment

What is the three digit number in the status bar?

I noticed some minor display issues using Save for Web.

With a Not a File image, it previews fitted seemingly well. But, if you click Fit again, the zoom increases slightly and at least the bottom of the previews appears cut off.

With a file that had been cropped in IrfanView beforehand, the previews appears cut off on the right sides in Fit mode.

Comment

The number in the status bar from 0.1 is a debug left-over. It is the number of miliseconds needed to process and display the optimized image.

About the display problems I noticed a very small resizing (shrinking) with "Fit in window" applied on a non-file in version 0.1 but not in 0.2
                  Try using 0.2 to see if this persists.
                  RIOT developer

Comment

Display problems persist for me in 0.2.0. Here are some examples. Even opening the samples files with RIOT, show they are cutoff as well. First one is a 500x500 box with 10px orange borders. The bottom is cutoff in the preview. Second one is a closely cropped Challenger. The right side is cutoff in the preview.

[ATTACH]933[/ATTACH][ATTACH]934[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]935[/ATTACH][ATTACH]936[/ATTACH]

Comment

You are right, there is a small resize problem. Thank you for showing me this.
                      RIOT developer

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                        ... but maybe a more useful use of double-click would be a optimized-original swap to compare in-place the differences, like someone suggested on the website ...
                        Thanks Lucian!

PS: Lucian, I tried to leave a comment on your homepage, but I think the posting system is broken there. I suceeded to leave a comment there (with my name, Amaury) some months ago, but now I always get the following error:

"Sorry.
                        Looks like there᾿s nothing here, sorry. You might want to try the search function. Alternatively, return to the front page."

Comment

Now you can post comments in the website. The problem was the captcha plugin.

I will put a speed button with the hint "in-place compare with original" in a toolbar below the main menu.
                          I think double click is confusing for this function.

Anyone has a better name for this button and an idea for the icon ?
                          RIOT developer

Comment

an idea for the icon "compare with original"

Anyone has ... an idea for the icon "compare with original"?
                            My suggestion:
                            Something like the product icon of "Compare Suite"
                            You can use picture symbols instead of text symbols!

(Homepage of Compare Suite, http://www.comparesuite.com/press/lo...suite_logo.jpg)

But please remember the copyrights!

Comment

Inspired by logo of the IrfanPaint plugin - what do you say about my creation?

Comment

very good ideas, a picture over another picture with a magnifier... but I cannot use the splashed cat or any other copyrighted materials. Thank you guys
                                RIOT developer

Comment

Working...
                                X