Clear All

I will upload it when I'll get home.
    Now I am at work.
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

RIOT DLL in Lite version (0.1.10)

Now it works!
      IrfanView shows the correct version number of RIOT!

(To enlarge click on the picture!)

Comment

Open, Save As and Save dialog problem - Possible Fix/Workaround

First, thank you very much for providing the RIOT plugin/add-on for IrfanView users and supporting it here. IrfanView has always been useful, and your work is a great improvement (IMO) as it provides a preview for detailed balancing of compression, size and quality.

I also had difficulties with the Open, Save As and Save dialogs not appearing within the RIOT add-on, and as a previous poster advised, a clean re-install fixed the problem. However, the problem appeared again, and I made some attempts to find the problem, including unpacking and repacking both .dll files with UPX, changing release version and lite/full version.

Today, I started working through the Options dialogs, looking for a setting that may affect RIOT, and found that disabling the new Unicode plugin setting (bottom of 'Misc. 1' tab) and restarting IrfanView fixes the problem.

I am using WinXP SP2, IV v4.20 & RIOT v0.1.10. I hope some others can confirm this.

Thank you very much again.
        Best Regards,
        Beltway

Comment

Yes, same here. I just put in the newest version of the RIOT plugin and tried it out, and no save dialog until I disabled the Unicode plugin and restarted IV.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
            Multilingual
            The original plan was not to support other languages than english. This may change in the future, but for the moment no translations can be made for RIOT.
            The main reasons I avoid adding multiple languages are:
            -personal (no time to maintain them/no personal need/time consuming changes to be made for all displayed text)
            -objective (little overhead with adding INI file support [this means larger filesize, slower startup, ...slight use of cpu/mem/hdd])

I am not saying I refuse to add multiple language support, but I preffer to add features I consider as important to the english version, make this program known, then when many people that don't know english want to use it... maybe.
            Sorry if I dissapointed you.
            I too thought that nobody would have been interested in translating my plugin, but after some time many people started to ask for translations and some others to offer their help to translate IP; thus, don't worry, you always find translators when you work on a very widespread project, especially if you don't have many strings to translate.
            To help you I can give you my C++ language-file class and the default language-file creation tool (IPLFC, written in C#; it's quite ugly but it works), that extracts the default strings from the string table and from the dialogs of the resources and writes the default language file. If you are interested write me.
            IrfanPaint developer
            The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
            IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I think it's a pity that the PNG output format doesn't have a 16-color mode in the options.
              With some screenshots or paper-scans this resolution is sufficient for a good result. And the file would be much smaller.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

4bit PNG output is not supported yet (16 color palette).
                RIOT developer

Comment

RIOT gives error

I just downloaded RIOT full and moved riot.dll and freeimage.dll to iv plugins folder.

I restarted iv4.2 (xpsp3).

When I choose save for web, or help-installed plugins, it throws an error:

"This application has failed to start because FREEIMAGE.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Well, FreeImage.dll with all its 509 KB dtd Aug 13, 2008, 7:06 PM is very much residing in iv plugins folder.

then it opens the Installed Plugins window that shows RIOT.dll without any version/ info/formats entries (just blanks), and shows freeimage.dll as unknown/ unknown.

What gives?

Anyway, I am downloading now from iv site. Let us see.

ADD:

OK. The downloaded version of riot.dll from iv site worked and the problem has disappeared. Though it seems a 100 KB bigger and 3 months older version at iv site than what is at author's site.

And, I didn't find freeimage.dll in 4 plugin files I downloaded from iv site. Isn't it included here? Well, if a plugin is made to improve the functionality of iv, I think it should be included somewhere, even if as a separate file.

Freeimage is still showing unknown/ unknown in installed plugins window, but no problem is appearing.

Thanks
                  Last edited by vsrawat; 01.09.2008, 06:25 PM. Reason: providing more info.

Comment

Hi vsrawat,

Originally posted by vsrawat View Post
                    I just downloaded RIOT full and moved riot.dll and freeimage.dll to iv plugins folder.
                    From the install instructions:
                    "3) copy FreeImage.dll in the IrfanView folder (that's where the IrfanView executable is)
                    Or you can copy FreeImage.dll somewhere in the system path (Like C:\windows or c:\windows\system)"

Laurent
                    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I found it necessary -- or convenient -- to move the freeimage.dll to the system folder. Just putting it in the plugins folder did not work for me either. I might have tried registering it (with the Run command line) but since I want to have both the plugin and the standalone RIOT, it was best to have it in C:\Windows\System32 anyway.
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

vsrawat,
                        Read all about the program from the website (http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/) then choose a version to download.
                        Please read install instructions before you install.
                        RIOT developer

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                          Yes, same here. I just put in the newest version of the RIOT plugin and tried it out, and no save dialog until I disabled the Unicode plugin and restarted IV.
                          Yes, me too mate.
                          I had the same problem as you and others around here.
                          I could not save. I tried all the ways with bot riot lite and full, many re-install and nothing worked when I attempted to save/open.

I read your message, did the same (e.g. removed the Unicode plugin) and this time it work juste fine, I can save & open.

There must be a compatiblity BUG between these 2 plugins:
                          Unicode & Riot

Comment

I have noted the incompatibility between Unicode plugin and open/save dialogs from RIOT. In my oppinion the problem is the unicode plugin.
                            RIOT developer

Comment

Full App & DLLs

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                              So, RIOT comes now in three flavours, all FREE:
                              -LITE plugin - only one DLL, basic functionality
                              -FULL plugin - two DLLs (RIOT.dll + FreeImage.dll) - extended functionality
                              -FULL application - EXE + DLLs - extended functionality
                              I downloaded the FULL application, but it only contains the EXE and the FreeImage.dll. Your description says, "EXE + DLLs". Is this a typo? I don't see the other dll. Is it part of the Riot.EXE?

Comment

All required files are included in each package.
                                You're right : for now there is only a DLL in the full version, but in the future I may add other files. So consider this as a typo.
                                The functionality of riot.dll is included in the exe.
                                RIOT developer

Comment

Working...
                                X