This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
    Do you have any "strange" configuration on your PC? Vista-transformation packs, keyloggers, applications that use dll injection, ...
    Nothing strange, vanilla installation
    No Vista-transformation
    No keyloggers
    dll injection?? Haven't the faintest idea. What's that?
    But I try out lots of different programs. And I mean lots...
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

I really have no idea... it's a very strange behavior, to solve the problem I'd have to come to your home with the sources and the debugger.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Beer or wine?

Comment

Beer
          No, seriously, maybe I can send you a dll with some debugging messages to understand what's wrong...
          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
            But I try out lots of different programs. And I mean lots...
            Perhaps that's a clue. A possible conflict with who-knows-what, the combinations are enormous.

Not that explains the reason for the conflict, but just another possibility of why this could be so hard to diagnose, duplicate, or troubleshoot.
            I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
            Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Beer
              No, seriously, maybe I can send you a dll with some debugging messages to understand what's wrong...
              Yeah, perhaps I'm not the only one with this problem.

Comment

Try this nightly build (it requires the same exe version of the b0.4.5.46): open the plugin, choose the clone tool, put the focus on the IV window and do the following:
                1. move the mouse on the image area of the window. Then make sure that the mouse is absolutely immobile and hold CTRL: does the (/) sign becomes a vertical arrow?
                2. move the mouse wheel: does any prompt appear?
                3. mouse the mouse wheel holding shift: does any prompt appear? What it (or they) state?
                4. idem, holding ctrl+shift.

Thank you for the collaboration!
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

The cursor changed all right.

Wheel brought up a message: WM_MOUSEWHEEL

Shift+wheel got me WM_MOUSEWHEEL followed by: WM_MOUSEWHEEL + MK_SHIFT

Ctrl+Shift+wheel --- WM_MOUSEWHEEL followed by: WM_MOUSEWHEEL + MK_SHIFT | MK_CONTROL

whee
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

ChuckE is right about the difficulty of diagnosis when other parties are active as well.
                    To decrease this range of alien elements, it's a matter of disabling as much applications in the taskbar as possible, to be able to test something properly.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Okay, the weird parts. The cursor got funny, reluctant to change. I changed tools a couple of times to shake it loose. Then the wrong cursor appeared after a while, the cross instead of the (\). Then the applied clone strokes started to appear only after I released the mouse button. THEN all my other windows refused to un-minimize until I closed IrfanView and Alt-Tabbed. Bit scary for a minute . This is not necessarily any cause for major worry, it could be an effect of my alternative shell, Wez's Evil Shell. Now and then there are some slight irritations, from wdmenu32.dll mostly.
                      ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Try this nightly build (it requires the same exe version of the b0.4.5.46): open the plugin, choose the clone tool, put the focus on the IV window and do the following:
                        1. move the mouse on the image area of the window. Then make sure that the mouse is absolutely immobile and hold CTRL: does the (/) sign becomes a vertical arrow?
                        2. move the mouse wheel: does any prompt appear?
                        3. mouse the mouse wheel holding shift: does any prompt appear? What it (or they) state?
                        4. idem, holding ctrl+shift.

Thank you for the collaboration!
                        1. / sign?? I'm not sure I understand. Nothing happens when I hold Ctrl.
                        2. WM_MOUSEWHEEL
                        3. WM_MOUSEWHEEL
                        4. WM_MOUSEWHEEL

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                          The cursor changed all right.
                          [...]whee
                          Ok, it's the correct behavior.
                          Okay, the weird parts.[...]
                          OMG, what a mess! Are you sure you're using the last dll and the last exe?
                          Originally posted by Leif View Post
                          1. / sign?? I'm not sure I understand. Nothing happens when I hold Ctrl.
                          Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I meant the cursor becoming a vertical arrow. Anyway the other answers made me understand where the problem should be. I'll let you know.
                          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

My files were still warm from the oven - so to speak. As I said, my shell can make things ticklish. Also had some hours of working uptime and something crashed not long before the test run, so the system was far from fresh. I tried it a little today after a reboot, in an admin account with normal Explorer shell, and no other windows open. Again, the cursor was sometimes reluctant to change (and I don't think it's my dirty keyboard, because I have no problems with Ctrl otherwise) and sometimes it was the wrong cursor again.

I forgot to mention that when the Ctrl+mousewheel message is clicked off, the next image in the directory is loaded.
                            ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

IrfanPaint

Here is the update of my Irfan plugin web page for Dutch users of IrfanPaint...

Comment

Again, the cursor was sometimes reluctant to change (and I don't think it's my dirty keyboard, because I have no problems with Ctrl otherwise) and sometimes it was the wrong cursor again.
                                This with the nightly build or with the latest "official" beta?
                                I forgot to mention that when the Ctrl+mousewheel message is clicked off, the next image in the directory is loaded.
                                This is quite normal. These messages are just for debugging purposes, and may cause weird things. Anyway, that nightly build was intended only to test some things on Leif's PC: other users should not use it.

@sjef: Good work!
                                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Working...
                                X