Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not seem to get IP to work either.

Load a picture, hit F12 and nothing happens.

Downloaded "IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.39_bin.zip", extracted and pasted into the Plug-ins folder. I have checked the installed Plug-ins list and it is there. I have changed around the View options with no luck (Ctrl+H did nothing to help) restarted Irfanview a number of times, cycled through lots of .jpg files, rebooted the machine. F12 still does nothing.

What else should I try? Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Last edited by Saddle Magic; 07.08.2007, 07:34 PM.
    ...they only bite if you get too close...

Comment

And you replaced the .EXE?
      Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
        And you replaced the .EXE?
        No, I inserted the .dll into my Irfanview 4.00 installation, as per the instructions.
        Last edited by Saddle Magic; 07.08.2007, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Magic View Post
          No, I inserted the .dll into my Irfanview 4.00 installation, as per the instructions.
          Hi,

welcome here

The full packets contain a minimal installation of the special build of IrfanView that works with IrfanPaint
          Please use the full package -> a modified version of irfanview is needed !

steve

Comment

Ok, I missed the instruction above the first download

Have installed both the .exe and .dll files, all appears to work now

Thank you.

Comment

My initial observations of the IrfanPaint plug-in...

I am sorry to say it is virtually unusable. I use a Synaptics Touch pad, as opposed to a mouse and get my left and right clicks by tapping different areas of the pad. For instance, to drag an object I Double-tap leaving my finger on the pad after the last tap, while dragging an object I cannot Right-click, to do so I would have to stop dragging first. I do not have, nor can I emulate a mouse wheel.

I will keep an eye on IrfanPaint, but with the direction development has taken and is going, I don't see any hope in it for me.

Comment

I am sorry to say it is virtually unusable. I use a Synaptics Touch pad, as opposed to a mouse and get my left and right clicks by tapping different areas of the pad. For instance, to drag an object I Double-tap leaving my finger on the pad after the last tap, while dragging an object I cannot Right-click, to do so I would have to stop dragging first. I do not have, nor can I emulate a mouse wheel.

I will keep an eye on IrfanPaint, but with the direction development has taken and is going, I don't see any hope in it for me.
                i dont know how useable the paint program is within irfan view however, im sure the developer was not thinking of useability for a "synaptics touch pad"

Comment

Originally posted by muvariant View Post
                  Another comment about the eraser. I read that someone wanted an undo. Now that would be PERFECT for the eraser. Erase back to the original (keep a copy in memory). Again quick and dirty. No remembering user strokes. Just replace the bad paint or clone with the original.

This would definitely separate the eraser function from the paint brush or clone functions and it would be a real "erasure" of the painting.

Hope this observation is useful.
                  This is a GREAT idea! Thank you; quick, dirty and, above all, simple to implement.
                  Originally posted by Paparazzi View Post
                  @muvariant Initially I had the same problem ... [...]
                  Hope that works for you!
                  I too noted this problem, but I didn't found the reason of this bug; anyway it is confirmed that this workaround works.
                  I am sorry to say it is virtually unusable. I use a Synaptics Touch pad, as opposed to a mouse and get my left and right clicks by tapping different areas of the pad. [...]
                  I'm sorry for you, but this means that you can't use any other painting application: IP's interface is the same of any other painting program.
                  I do not have, nor can I emulate a mouse wheel.
                  I worked this month with a laptop that, like yours, can't emulate a mouse wheel: yes, it is a loss of comfort, but not such to make IP unusable (BTW, also that laptop had a Synaptic touchpad, but it hadn't all the complications of yours).

I'm working on a new release of IP that will be available next week at the usual address; maybe in a month and a half or something like that we'll have the first official release.
                  Last edited by MItaly; 25.08.2007, 09:17 PM.
                  IrfanPaint developer
                  The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                  IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I work with a Wacom tablet and everything goes pretty well here.

Comment

I dread and loathe having to work with a laptop, and would hate to even try to do anything requiring any precision using a touch-pad - or one of those miserable rolling pea things. But I don't see how IP could be worse than anything else in that context, or what a mouse wheel has to do with it. Whatever. I love it, it's getting to be one of my most-used plugins. I will celebrate Release Day.

Say, any plans for an airbrush tool? hee-hee
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.2.40

I've just released the new beta (the 0.4.2.40); you can download it from the usual address.
                        Here are the main improvements:
                        • added the "Pen and brush settings" dialog; now you can draw with hatched brushes and pens;
                        • changed the "exhaustive tooltips" with the new ones that wrote Bhikku Pesala;
                        • fixed some bugs of the precision cursors;
                        • changed the precision cursors to support the new pen styles;
                        • changed the clone tool to support the new pen styles;
                        • added some thanks;
                        • fixed the "Select palette color" dialog to select automatically the actually selected color;
                        • changed the color pane to make it more intuitive (now it's very similar to the Photoshop's one);
                        • changed the picker behavior: now when you select a color with the picker the selected tool reverts automatically to the one that was selected before the picker;
                        • changed the way IP saves many settings in the INI file;
                        • merged the line tool and the arrow-line tool in a single tool (to draw arrows see the next two posts );
                        • fixed minor bugs.

@muvariant and other who gave me suggestions via e-mail: I didn't forget your suggestions, I'm working to include them in the next releases.
                        @matera: an airbrush? Maybe when I'll have finished the two new tools I'm working on (the "undo-eraser" and another secret one ).
                        Last edited by MItaly; 30.08.2007, 12:39 PM.
                        IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the new version

I tried to use the great arrow option, but i could only get a normal line

thx,

steve

Comment

Right-click on the arrow/line button, select "draw second arrow" and click OK.
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                              Right-click on the arrow/line button, select "draw second arrow" and click OK.
                              Ah,

it´s working i really like that arraw function my muf (most used function).

thx,

steve

Comment

Here's a strange phenomenon I encountered on my two XP-SP2 systems: two different IrfanPaint toolbars (see attachment).
                                1. The right one I see on my laptop.
                                2. The left one I see on my PC: separate fore- and background buttons and no Info button. Which tendency is the right one?
                                3. And why is the ?Current directory index? in the toolbar a little damaged as soon as I hit F12 to start IrfanPaint?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X