X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• derniwi
    replied
    Hello Stefan,

how do you handle the plugins? Some plugins should be downloaded as complete package, since they depend on more than one file.
    And how do you like to handle third-party files like the canon-dlls? I mean the problem with the copyright, so I think you need a permission to distribute them, if you like to include such files.

Regards
    Nils

Leave a comment:

• stefan
    started a topic The "IrfanView-Downloader" project

The "IrfanView-Downloader" project

Hi guys,

Click image for larger version

Name:	FloppyDisk.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	84456

I had this idea about a small little tool to download the whole IrfanView package (plugin) just a few time ago.

A few years ago I created the online "directory browsing" page for downloading single program- related files like plugins, languages and toolbars.

Now I finally started to create a tool to download setup files and single files IrfanView shipps after installation. That´s what I call a IrfanView repository.

Here is a screenshot of a very early and "quick" version:

Name:	downloader.png
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	84457

The program let you browse to the IrfanView folders - and on the right side you find detailed information about the file: name, version, comment and so on.

The aim for this tool is to download new IrfanView files very fast, without thousands of mouseclicks (like you maybe know from different file hostings sites).

Some technical details: It´s written in c# (Framework version .net 2.0) so it will run under many systems (.net 2.0 framework installed). It uses a repository list, so it´s possible to use other IrfanView repositories than irfanview-forum.de, see screenshot:

Name:	downloader-settings.png
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	84458

The "best" thing: I will release it under GPLv3 - so it´s completly open- source - feel free to contact me, if you want to join the project

I´m working on it - as far as I have a "stable" version I will let you know

Stefan

EDIT: The project- page

EDIT2: Notice: Project has been moved from Google Code to a new location!!!!
    Last edited by stefan; 16.07.2011, 09:30 PM. Reason: uploaded new pictures
Working...
X