Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, it's time this thread got a whole section in the forum!

This simple little plug in makes IrfanView as good as Photoshop CS3 - well at least for my applications!
    Firefox 3.5.x & Thunderbird 2.0.0.x - Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 & Windows XP-SP3
    (1) 2.8 GHz/2Gb/ATI HD2600-512 RAM, SIS AC97 OB Audio (2) 2.9GHz /2Gb/NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE-256 RAM, Intel 82801 OB Audio

...Yes, he also uses IrfanView in Ubuntu linux!

Comment

Bug in "arrow" feature

The Arrowhead is too close to the centerline of the shaft - it needs to be moved to the end of the shaft.

Otherwise, this is an INVALUABLE plugin!

THANK YOU!

MRK
      Attached Files
      (1) 2.8 GHz/2Gb/ATI HD2600-512 RAM, SIS AC97 OB Audio (2) 2.9GHz /2Gb/NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE-256 RAM, Intel 82801 OB Audio

Comment

You're right, this would also make the arrow head look nicer when it has an empty head.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Hey, what about Three-Point Arcs? ya' know, nothing dynamic, just let me make 2 clicks, and on the third click, a non-straight (or even a straight) line is autogenerated through them?

Betcha that's an easy one...

MRK

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
            You're right, this would also make the arrow head look nicer when it has an empty head.
            Now can you do that for people too? (LOL)

I am getting spoiled, I can't imagine IrfanView without this plugin any more.

*sigh* -- if I could use both IrfanView and my modem in linux, I would hardly need Windwoes at all.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I noticed that if the Paint dialog is displayed in IrfanView with a shape tool selected (e.g. ellipse, rectangle, arrow) and a thumbnail is double-clicked in the Thumb window, then a shape gets created when the image is loaded. This also happens when double-clicking a file in the Open dialog. In both cases, it does it when the Thumb window or Open dialog is on top of the IrfanView window.

Comment

Correct. Drag 'n Drop prevents this 'bug'.

Comment

Right. You can use the thumb window and Open dialog as long as you don't have them over the IrfanView window or don't double-click.

Was this already reported?

Comment

Don't think so. But is it really important? Use Ctrl»Z and it is gone...

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post

*sigh* -- if I could use both IrfanView and my modem in linux, I would hardly need Windwoes at all.
                      WINE is your friend... Literally just do the IrfanView and Plug-Ins installs under WINE and it's there for good! Thumbnailer and all!

What modem, what PC, and what Distro? PM or email and I'll do some digging.

BTW, If they are "winmodem" compatible, you should be able to get started here:

MRK

Comment

Paint Toolbar and Color Palette - can they be "grouped"?

If I have my Paint Toolbar on the lower left and need a new color, the Palette alwats pops-up in the upper right - that's a lot of mousing to do!

Any way to have the Palette stay near the Painter?

MRK

Comment

Will you be able to adjust this? if so, any idea as to when it can be investigated?

Thank you!

Comment

I see you can make antialiased text. How do you make antialiased shapes?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                              I noticed that if the Paint dialog is displayed in IrfanView with a shape tool selected (e.g. ellipse, rectangle, arrow) and a thumbnail is double-clicked in the Thumb window, then a shape gets created when the image is loaded. This also happens when double-clicking a file in the Open dialog. In both cases, it does it when the Thumb window or Open dialog is on top of the IrfanView window.
                              It's a known bug that I can't manage to fix.
                              Originally posted by emarkay View Post
                              WINE is your friend... Literally just do the IrfanView and Plug-Ins installs under WINE and it's there for good! Thumbnailer and all!
                              ... but the current IrfanPaint versions do not work on Wine ... but don't be sad, my internal beta is working flawlessly on it!
                              If I have my Paint Toolbar on the lower left and need a new color, the Palette alwats pops-up in the upper right - that's a lot of mousing to do!

Any way to have the Palette stay near the Painter?
                              Fixed in the code; thank you for the feedback!
                              Will you be able to adjust this? if so, any idea as to when it can be investigated?
                              I'll be able to fix it when I study a little bit more trigonometry and have some more time to work on IP; don't worry, it's a matter of weeks .
                              Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                              I see you can make antialiased text. How do you make antialiased shapes?
                              The problem is that antialiased text is drawn by the ExtTextOut API, that directly supports antialiasing; the line/shape APIs, instead, do not support it.
                              IrfanPaint developer
                              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

It's a known bug that I can't manage to fix.
                                What do you mean? You don't know what causes it?

The problem is that antialiased text is drawn by the ExtTextOut API, that directly supports antialiasing; the line/shape APIs, instead, do not support it.
                                Are you saying it won't be implemented because it would require an overhaul of the programming to make it happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X