Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved: Paint Plugin: Eraser acts as Paintbrush

Hi everybody,
    I am glad to be back to irfanview. I have just installed it on my surface pro x, running with Windows 11.
    My problem is that I can't use the eraser properly, every time I do so it just paints, acting as a second paintbrush (the only difference is that the eraser uses the background color and the paintbrush the foreground one). I guess I can change it somewhere. But how and where?
    Thanks a lot for helping me out
    Ela

By selecting a background color, you are selecting the color of "paper", so the eraser will erase to that color.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Oh, I see.... What I want to do is to earse the things which I am adding to the photo without erasing parts of the original photo. How can I NOT select a background color? A background color is already chosen when I start irfanview. Clicking on the background color I don't see any option to deselct it or to click "no color".
      Last edited by Ela-Luca; 31.10.2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard04.png
Views:	225
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	93011
        Open the Paint options (as highlighted in green). There is an option to enable the right mouse button action of the eraser. That allows to use the eraser to restore the previous image.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Thanks a lot! Now, I know how to do it. I wouldn't have got it alone...

Comment

Working...
          X