Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nik Collection Plugins under Irfanview (Win 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nik Collection Plugins under Irfanview (Win 10)

Hi everyone,
    Until last week my favorite photo editor was Irfanview. Then I had to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7, and all hell broke loose.
    Nik's first collection of plugins were the only version that ran under IrfanView flawlessly.
    I still have a working copy of these plugins running on another PC with Win 7, and transferring the 8bf files from one computer to another (with the associated config files) do work in Win 7 and older OS.
    But no such luck under Windows 10. No matter what I tried, I couldn't make the old version files work in Win10 with Irfanview 32 or 64.

I am hoping that a clean install under Windows 10 * with the original installation files* might help!
    Unfortunately I no longer have an installation files for this version (*)

Here is a pic of the set:

version list as follows:

Silver Efex Pro (1.000 562)

Color Efex Pro 3.0 (3.101 - 4175 M)

Sharpener Pro 3.0 (3.001 - 4181)

Viveza (1.001- 4198)

Define 2.0 (2.100 - 3983)
    ?
    Anyone?

Thank you!

(*) P:S. In case anyone is worried about copyright etc, please note that Nik Software was later bought by Google, which made an updated version of these plugins available free of charge.
    They still work great under photoshop etc, and also as stand alone editors, and they do have additional features that the older version lacks, but nothing compares the speed and efficiency of Irfanview.
    The updated free version is available here, if anyone is interested to play with them:
    Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free.Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of...

If anyone has any luck with these under Irfanview with Win 10, please let me know.
    Thanks again
    Ron
    Last edited by rondo; 23.11.2023, 09:32 PM.

here are the old plugins. transferring these from one computer to another is possible, provided that you keep the file structure. I was able to have these work in Win 7 and older Win PC with 32 bit Irfanview. But not on Win 10.

Comment

This is probably simplistic, but are you using 32 bit Irfanview now on your Win 10 machine? Download link didn't work.

Comment

I am happy to report that nik plugins from 2008 work perfectly fine under irfanview.
        This is what you'll need.
        1. old version of irfanview. The current version 4.66 (neither 32 nor 64) will NOT work.
        I don't know the latest version that would handle these plugins, but I am able to run them under 4.51 32 bit

2. Windows 10 64 bit comes with a SysWOW64 directory for the 32 bit programs. You will need the following three dlll files for Nik collection to work properly:
        MFC71.dll
        msvcp71.dll
        msvcr71.dll

If you're lucky you may have them already in there, as nik is not the only program that needs these library files.

Once you have them the following plugins will work without issues:

Silver Efex Pro (1.000 562)

Color Efex Pro 3.0 (3.101 - 4175 M)

Sharpener Pro 3.0 (3.001 - 4181)

Viveza (1.001- 4198)

Define 2.0 (2.100 - 3983)

Note:
        I am sure any user with proper installation files can install Nik Collection without any problem, provided that they stick to an old version of Irfanview.

These steps are necessary to transfer a working Nik Collection from a windows 7 machine to a newer windows OS.

I had this problem because I no longer had the installation files for Nik Collection from 2008-9.

Later versions of Nik Collection, some which were made free by Google, either did not work properly or failed to start as an 8bf plugin.

For me, irfanview and nik is a perfect combination and unmatched for quick editing.

??
        Last edited by rondo; 11.01.2024, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X