Next and Previous File buttons are greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next and Previous File buttons are greyed out

Installed 4.36. I have checked "View all files in directory" and the index shows 0/0 although there are more than 100 files.
    If I press T the thumbnail browser shows an empty directory.

Occasionally hitting F5 (refresh) will make Irfanview to read the directory index and then the buttons do work.

This seems not to happen with local drives (C,D) , but only occurs at networked drives which I browse using a URL like \\server\share\files
    Mapping to a drive letter does not resolve the issue.

Has this to do with a policy setting in windows related to network drives? Using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Any ideas?

When the index shows 0/0 do you see an image displayed and, if so, is there a file title shown in the Caption bar? If yes to both, select Image > information. How does it display the Directory path?

Afterthought. What language are the file names in and do you have Unicode enabled?
    Last edited by Mij; 06.09.2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      When the index shows 0/0 do you see an image displayed and, if so, is there a file title shown in the Caption bar? If yes to both, select Image > information. How does it display the Directory path?

Afterthought. What language are the file names in and do you have Unicode enabled?
      I do see an image when the index shows 0/0, and also the title is displayed. When I press the Info-button it shows the full file path (correctly). The language for non-Unicode programs is set to be English. I am not using any additional languages.

Comment

No clues there then. I assume that when you have the File > Open dialog displayed you can see thumbnails or listing of all the files in the folder? Does it always open the one you select there even if it is not the first in the folder?

Comment

I have done some further research and it is related to Samba shares (on a Synology Disk station). Some other programs (e.g. the GIMP and ImageJ) also have difficulties with the directory index. Done a trace with procmon and do see a DISCONNECT error showing up. I suspect it has to do with a file IO library that is not using the standard Windows methods. No issues on local hard disks or Windows shares.

Comment

Working...
          X