Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch conversion: $ Sign in Save Location

Hello,
    some days ago I updated IrfanView to version 4.36. Soon I realized that having the $ sign in the output directory path when batch converting causes the following problems:
    • the amount of the $ signs in the output path is divided by half, rounded up; e.g. if I want to save some batch converted images (the extension doesn't matter) to D:/$$$$/ they will be saved in a newly created folder D:/$$/ instead
    • if the path of the "$-folder" contains an umlaut, a new folder with different character encoding (UTF-8?) will be created instead; e.g. D:/ö/$$$$/ becomes D:/ö/$$/; trying to save to D:/ö/ (without $ signs) does not cause any trouble

The problems only occur in the batch conversion; saving an image via "File -> Save as" works fine. Simply a rollback to version 4.32 (which I used before) solved the problem, nothing else I could think of helped.

OS and hardware:
    - Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    - CPU: i5-2500K
    - 8 GB RAM
    - GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti
    - Crucial M4 SSD & Western Digital WD5000 HDD

Please let me know if the problem is me or if it is really the new version.

Cheers

See changes file i_changes.txt

V4.32 - Batch dialog, Output directory: Placeholders are now allowed
    V4.36 - New text placeholders to add $ and | characters (see help file)

Help file > Text/Pattern options : $$ - add '$' character

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the answer. Okay, so it actually is a feature, not a bug - my fault. I never used the placeholders for the output directory, I guess that is why I missed this new $$ option.
      I also realized that the umlaut problem is caused by the unicode plugin; when turned off no strange new directories will be created.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X