Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create Multipage TIFF Maximum Nunber of Pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Create Multipage TIFF Maximum Nunber of Pages?

I use the Options > Multipage Images > Create Multipage TIFF to combine several multipage TIFF files into one file. I am finding that I am unable to create a multipage TIFF file in this manner if the total number of pages combined is more than 1018. So let's say that I try to combine three files with 1000 pages each - a total of 3000 pages - into one file. IrfanView says the creation is successful but when I open the file that was created it contains only 1018 pages. What's wrong? Is this a limitation of IrfanView?

I have no experience on creating multipage TIFFs myself. However it comes to mind that the limitation might be the available memory (RAM), like for example 2 or 4GB. So, have you tried combining smaller/differently sized images? What is the size of the 1018 pages TIFF that you have created?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      I have no experience on creating multipage TIFFs myself. However it comes to mind that the limitation might be the available memory (RAM), like for example 2 or 4GB. So, have you tried combining smaller/differently sized images? What is the size of the 1018 pages TIFF that you have created?
      Smaller images are fine. I have no problem when combining smaller image files.

I think you're right about the available RAM limitation. My machine has only 2GB RAM but the file with the 1018 pages is 2.97GB. The strange thing, though, is that the file sizes of the source image files total to only 800MB. How come the output image file created is 2.97GB and it does not even have all the pages? Is the output image file created without compression? How do I create it with compression?

Comment

Never mind. I see that there's a Compression button and it gives several options for compression. I chose LZW compression but it didn't work; the created output file is still huge.

Then I unselected the "Save palette for gray scale images" option and it finally worked! I don't know what this option is for, but the compression worked after unselecting it. And the output image file has all the pages now. So, problem solved!

Thanks Jazzman for your reply, which gave me the clues on what to look into!

Comment

Working...
        X