IrfanView on 4K display or unwanted image scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView on 4K display or unwanted image scaling

When windows scaling for HiDPI displays is set (something you want to do on 24" 4K display), Irfan honors this settings for image display. This is really bad, since you cannot get 1:1 view of your images, they are always scaled up, no matter what you do. Could we please get an option to disable this unwanted pre-scaling?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, find "Make text and other items larger or smaller" in Control Panel and set it to value other than Smaller (100%). After the required relogin, make a screenshot of a window (I recommend something small like Calculator) with Alt+PrtScr and paste the copy into Irfan. You will notice that the copy in Irfan is larger than the source window.

Originally posted by mdw View Post
    When windows scaling for HiDPI displays is set (something you want to do on 24" 4K display), Irfan honors this settings for image display. This is really bad, since you cannot get 1:1 view of your images, they are always scaled up, no matter what you do. Could we please get an option to disable this unwanted pre-scaling?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, find "Make text and other items larger or smaller" in Control Panel and set it to value other than Smaller (100%). After the required relogin, make a screenshot of a window (I recommend something small like Calculator) with Alt+PrtScr and paste the copy into Irfan. You will notice that the copy in Irfan is larger than the source window.
    It's 3 years later and I'm still getting the same bug. I have the latest version.

Comment

Working...
    X