Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Irfanpaint in any way similar to PSP outline tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Irfanpaint in any way similar to PSP outline tool?

I had downloaded v 4.1 in the hope that with Irfanpaint, I could copy and paste
    outlined selections of a photo, or use the Irfanpaint tool to outline a hand selected part of a photo, and then use the "enhance colors", or some other effect on just that selection. In other words, can Irfanpaint with the other options of Irfanview approximate the copy and paste features of the early versions of Paint Shop Pro?

Unless I'm mistaken, you still can't do that with Irfanview. I love the program and will continue to use and recommend it, but until the problem with the zoom/crop issue (discussed in the Bugs section) is fixed, I'm going to reload v 4.0.

Depending on what you mean by ?hand selected? you can apply effects on just a (rectangle) selection of a photo in IrfanView, which isn't a photo editor. IrfanView is a viewer/converter in the first place and IrfanPaint is ?only? a plugin which enhances the capabilities of IrfanView. IrfanView nor -Paint have tools to make selections ?freehanded?.

Comment

Working...
    X