Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual screen capture

I am using IV4.1 w/ Windows XP Pro SP2.

I have a dual monitor setup, my card is a 7600GT (nVidia). I am in dualview mode, which means each monitor is setup independantly and have their own resolution/refresh rate.

One of them is a 27" widescreen HDTV, the desktop res. on that is 1280x720. That is the primary monitor.

The second one is a 17" LCD monitor, the resolution on that is 1280x1024.

When I take a screenshot from the 17" screen, the resolution comes out as if it was 1280x720, so it's somewhat stretched. Without changing the primary monitor can I change the size that the screenshot comes out, or if I take a screenshot on a particular screen, the image size will be whatever the resolution for that particular screen is.

Thanks for any help =)
    IrfanView v4.10, Windows XP Pro SP2

FWIW: I have dual monitors and don't see this problem. My monitor setup is 1680x1050 primary and 1280x1024 secondary; ATI Radeon 9200 video card.

You didn't say whether your "screen shot" was the entire screen and whether you used IrfanView's capture feature or Windows. I usually use Windows hot keys (Print Screen for the screen, Alt+Print Screen for the current window). Those work correctly for me.

But there does seem to be a bug in the IrfanView full screen capture. It seems to work correctly only when the second monitor is to the right of the primary. When I positioned the secondary monitor to the left, the image was the correct size, but the primary monitor was on the left side of the image instead of the right and there was a big black area on the right. When I positioned the secondary monitor to the top, the image was the size of just the primary screen (at that was all that showed). I didn't try putting the secondary below the primary, but I'd guess that it would work.

A lot of people don't realize that the second monitor can be almost anywhere and if it is to the top or left, the coordinates are negative! Also, while the second monitor must abut the primary, it does not have to align with it … you can put it above and to the right, for example. And, of course, there can be more than two monitors! Makes writing screen capture programs tricky.

So, if you were using IrfanView's capture, try Window's. Also, a (possibly important) difference between our setups is that my primary monitor is bigger than the secondary. You could try swapping the roles and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
    X