Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not possible to use GIFs in Slideshow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Why not possible to use GIFs in Slideshow ?

it flackers and skips to the next image.

If you have only gifs, you have to close the program with the taskmanager cause it loops forever.

I cannot confirm this, because I could run a slideshow with lots of GIFs, even animated ones, without any problem. Also I could end the slideshow with both, [ENTER] or [ESC].
    Maybe it's the kind of compression used for the GIFs that cause your problem. Mine are LZW-compressed, and they are of type GIF87a and GIF89a.

Could you let us know which version of IrfanView causes the problem and which operating system you use?
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      I cannot confirm this, because I could run a slideshow with lots of GIFs, even animated ones, without any problem. Also I could end the slideshow with both, [ENTER] or [ESC].
      Maybe it's the kind of compression used for the GIFs that cause your problem. Mine are LZW-compressed, and they are of type GIF87a and GIF89a.

Could you let us know which version of IrfanView causes the problem and which operating system you use?
      i use the version 4.44 64bit windows 7

can you screenshot your settings for me that affects gifs ?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        Please try the 32bit-version of Irfanview. The 64bit-version is not recommended for standard use. Referring to the Irfanview homepage, the 64bit version is only
        recommended for files bigger than 25 Megapixels.

I have no special setting for GIFs. The images are downloaded from the web or came with installation files.
        You can find out the kind of GIF-file if you display the image and then press F3 on the keyboard, which will invoke the HEX-viewer. The information
        will be the first six characters shown.
        Meanwhile I found out that the compression is always LZW, so that this cannot be the reason for your problem, You'll find the information, if you display
        the image and press "i" in the keyboard to open the image information window.
        GIFs have 256 colors as standard. If your images have more colors - which is possible but no standard - than this may be the reason for your problem.
        You'll find this information also in the image information window.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Problem solved

"SUPPRESS ERROR WHILE PLAYING" was the problem, empthy this box and gif works in slideshow.

Comment

Working...
          X