Batch Rename Flaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Rename Flaw?

Is anyone else experiencing a flaw in the batch rename function...

Seems that everytime I set parameters...the rename wants to skip a number in the proper sequence...

Instead of incrementing 1.2.3.4.5 as it should it will skip 1 or 2 numbers 1.2.4.5.7...etc...

I cannot produce your problem over here. But in my opinion renaming using numbers should allways have two or more digits (01, 02, 03, etc). Otherwise you can get 1, 10, 2, etc.

Comment

Actually...I do number them with the 2 digits...was just giving an example...

Comment

Sorry that I doubted your way of renaming, Kiser. My reaction gave you no solution at all, but I've tried everything to produce this fault. You didn't write about any tags you would have used, like $N (old filename) or $Ex (EXIF-datanumber). It could have been the case, that IV passed over some files due to the format of the specific file. But this had to result in an error massage, so I wouldn't know what's causing this strange behaviour.

Comment

check the inputs ?

Hello, i am often using this function with non-picture files and what happens sometimes is a problem when selecting the files from the "Look in" to the "Input" field : the name order is not alphabetically sorted. Ex : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1

So I always check the filenames and if necessary i apply the "sort file" command. Neveer experienced some skipped files though.

faboulo

Comment

Working...
          X