Preview in Effects Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview in Effects Browser

Please make the effects browser preview windows show fixed 1:1 pixels rather than downsampled image.

Currently the preview window is of absolutely no use with most effects (when the effects take number of pixels as an argument).

If scrolling is too hard to implement it would be better if IrfanView processed only the center of each image but 1:1.
    Last edited by j7n; 27.12.2007, 02:23 AM.

To my opinion users doesn't need the preview of the original image (which is seen underneath the dialog), but only the (downsampled) preview of an effect that has been checked. The buttons ?Apply to original image? and ?Undo? should not be changed and they may satisfy your request I would suppose. Most of those preview windows are too small anyway.

Comment

If I use the button ‘Apply to original image’ any subsequent effects now take this 'wet' image as source. So, to tweak a given effect, one has to continuously dissmiss the browser dialog, press Undo, and go to Effects Browser again.

For example, Chromatic Aberation and Unsharp Mask. It is impossible to setup these filters without seeing the whole picture 1:1. Perhaps the output of simpler effects such as Explosion or Median could be imagined.

users doesn't need the preview of the original image (which is seen underneath the dialog), but only the (downsampled) preview of an effect that has been checked
      Currently the user can't see the downsampled preview of a processed image. Instead the processor takes already downsampled picture as input. However, both of these cases are useless for previewing. In the first case, a Blur effect might disappear after downsampling. In the later, a Blur with range of a few pixels won't give any idea how the final will look like, because 3 px might equal 25 px in the original.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        It is impossible to setup these filters without seeing the whole picture 1:1.
        I don't see your point here. Look at the attachment. It's a 1:1 picture with enough room for the filter dialog.
        Attached Files

Comment

I did not have this Undo button in my 4.00 version. It's new to v4.10. Before posting I roughly checked that the preview windows are the same in v4.10 and missed the new button. Sorry.

Please move this to support.
          Last edited by j7n; 28.12.2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X