Can't extract frames after system upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't extract frames after system upgrade

Hi.. I've used Irfanview for years and love it. My old Pentium computer died, so I built another with Intel dualcore chip. Now Irfanview 4.10 will not extract frames from the movies I create (mpeg-2) in Powerdirector . Irfanview returns an error saying "couldn't get movie information". The movie plays fine in Irfanview and Gspot identifies the following parameters (attached). I have all the necessary plugins and codecs installed I think. This seems to be the same problem reported in http://en.irfanview-forum.de/viewtopic.php?=&p=4689 for which there was no satisfactory solution. The only other piece of information is that when I go to Image-information the window misreports the frame rate in the clip as 1000fps. Can anyone help? Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi michaeldoc,

Is it possible your problem is related with the multiple core issue (see the note here)?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Extracting frames after system upgrade

Hi Laurent, Thankyou for your reply (sorry for the delay in posting this too). Unfortunately the link in your message is broken, so I'm not sure about this issue. I'll reply more rapidly next time. Could you post the link again? Thanks again,

Comment

Hi,

thread was closed, here the information in the thread:

Originally posted by Laurent
        Note:
        Several users report problems when running IrfanView on double or multiple core processors. A workaround has been proposed: run IV on one core only (for more info, search this forum with keywords like core, dual, multiple, crash). Especially, look at this post and at this one.
        steve

Comment

Thanks Steve, I'll try this and report back

Comment

Working...
          X