Help with Slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Slideshow

i am using dreamweaver to create a site and i love the slideshow feature in irfanview, but would like to know the easiest way to use the slideshow on my site. i created the slideshow as an exe file and tried to embed it but it said i needed the plug in so the slideshow would play on line. i am used to using flash and that i can insert as media. i know its probably easy, but need help. i would be so greatful. Also, can you use irfanview as some sort of flv player for a website, maybe even one that uses a playlist? just curious and it would be awesome if so.... again, i hope you can help me and sorry about asking through this private message thing... sincerely, yvette

Whatever you put on your website, your viewers will have to download to view, one way or another. Most of them do not want to download an executable file just to see pictures. A javascript slideshow is much more practical. I would imagine Dreamweaver has this capability too. You can, of course, encourage others to download and install IV the normal way.

An FLV file on a website will play in any web browser that has an up-to-date Flash plugin.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

A bit of a multi-question here, but ok.

Just for security, I would never activate some .exe file on-line. I would download it first on the HD and check it there.

E.g. YouTube files are FLV, but are protected against downloading, so one is dependent of the browser plugin.
      Afaik IV can't handle the FLV format locally. But it plays the SWF format.
      I don't use Dreamweaver, but this format is closely related, so maybe there's some export function.

Another option maybe, closer to the IV environment (I didn't tested this) :
      There's a dialogue in the Thumbnails department to save a bunch of images as a HTML slideshow.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

No, IV can handle FLV (as a local file), and there are ways of downloading them - I always do because I have dial-up and they play horribly. So I download with Orbit Downloader (which forces me to use IE !) and play with IV.
        ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
          So I download with Orbit Downloader (which forces me to use IE !)
          Have you tried WebVideoCap? http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/web_video_capture.html (which does not force me to use IE).
          Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

My question again, only simplified:

I guess my question was a bit confusing. So, what I really want to know(about the slideshow). I like how you can create a slideshow easily with IV. But, not neccessarily do I need to convert it to an .exe file, because that does seem to be the wrong method, but can I make the slideshow using the slideshow.lst file that gets created and maybe the "create text file" command to make the slideshow portable? What I want is to put the slideshow on one of my website's pages for others to view. Is there anyway someone has come up with? Thanks for the replies so far and I will forget about the flv player for now, this is the most important thing I want to do first....

Comment

Leif - yeah, I know a lot of options, and I've tried some, but I keep Orbit around for other reasons, so I use it for the rare FLV capture just so I don't have to deal with configuring yet another proggie -- and I'm stuck with having the Idiot around anyway LOL
              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Working...
              X