Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add Dell 964 scanner as IrfanView TWAIN source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add Dell 964 scanner as IrfanView TWAIN source?

Howdy everybody--

I have a Dell 964 AIO. In IrfanView, when I try to "Select TWAIN Source," my scanner/printer is not in the list of choices.

I believe the file IV is searching for is dlcjtwds.ds, which on my computer is located here: C:\windows\twain_32\Dell\Photo AIO Printer 964. (These assumptions, either that it is the correct file, or the assumption it is the correct location, may be incorrect.)

On the other hand, I'm able to get my scanner's (very) basic software to identify IV as a scanning destination. But all this permits me to do is to scan one page at a time into IV, because when I select multiple page scanning in IV, IV says that no scanning source is available. Also, I can't change the Acquire/Batch Scanning setup menu unless I add the scanner as a TWAIN source, which, of course, I am not able to do.

How can I get IrfanView to recognize my scanner as a TWAIN source? IrfanView is a great program and I know it would be my best choice.

Thanks much in advance for your help.

--Chuck

A small update (no solution yet)

I learned today that if I plug the AIO into my computer with a USB cable, then IrfanView can find the TWAIN drivers. On the other hand, IrfanView can't find the TWAIN drivers when the AIO is connected to the computer wirelessly.

If anybody has any ideas, please advise. Thanks.

Comment

I would guess one needs another driver for the wireless thing than just USB?
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The printer/scanner works just fine, wireless or plugged in. The problem is getting IrfanView to recognize the scanner when it's connected wireless. IrfanView recognizes the scanner and locates the TWAIN driver only when the computer is plugged into the AIO with a USB cord (which is not very convenient for me to do, as I don't have workspace).

On the other hand, my AIO software always finds IrfanView on my computer (whether wireless or USB). The problem is that if IrfanView does not identify my printer's TWAIN drivers, I cannot make changes in IrfanView to customize the scan settings (things such as multi-page scans, default file save directories, etc.).

With things the way they are now, all I can do is scan one page at a time, saving after each one. My scanner is capable of doing more. IrfanView would be a great addition to it.

Comment

Working...
        X