Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strangest error I ever saw; "automatic slideshow"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strangest error I ever saw; "automatic slideshow"!

hi all....

This here error is the strangest that I ever saw, on my computer.

I have gotten a referbished nec fp2141sb crt, just the other day, and I downloaded a few images from my flickr site to use for setting calibrations, about ten photos. Several times now, when I open one photo up in irfranview and then begin to use the monitor's settings controls for brightness, contrast....etc, suddenly the whole ten images, linked in irfanview, begin to "run" by....click...click...click, about one second per image until the end of the series of folders is found. once irfran began at the beginning, then kept on going, in an endless LOOP: i had to close the program. happened now about four times, and one of them, when everything clicked off of the monitor including the settings window, only my desktop showing, the monitor screen is sort of "flickering" like maybe the monitor cord was partially disconected! I had to "reboot" the monitor to stop that: gives to me wonders if my new monitor is on the bad!

but I recall that this "fast forwards slide show" ALSO happened with my old monitor too, a 19" viewsonic crt.

windows Vista, nvidia 8500gt card, athlon processor.

I never ever saw anything like of this, i cannot even think of the proper term for this to Google for it!!

just *HOW* could the settings little-program, in my monitor, somehow access
    windows, in my computer?! what doth Vista do, here?

thanks...freestone
Working...
X