Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scrolling wheel brings up stored images ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrolling wheel brings up stored images ?

A thousand pardons , I be newbie. If I am viewing an image , a light touch on the scroll wheel will switch the image to a stored one somewhere on my hard drive, occasionally in my My Documents file but it could be an image anywhere. Even if I have sought out the jpg (or whatever comes up) and deleted it from where I found it, somehow it returns to haunt me when I scroll da mouse. It's like an evil Temp file or one of those mysterious Tilde files. If you can help me solve this, why, I'll , I'll , GIVE YOU MY BEAGLE ! No. Not my Bugle, my beagle.

Hi Kevin,

This is the expected behaviour of the wheel. But you should see next (or previous) image in the same directory, not from random directories, as I understand.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hello Laurent,
      This errant behaviour occurs when I am in a newsgroup and pull up an image to view. If I am outside the newsgroup, (Forte Agent is my newsreader program) the scroll wheel behaves normally, giving me the previous or the next image within that directory. I did send a query to Forte to see if this was a known issue. I'll let you know what they tell me. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Oh, by the way, the beagle is in the mail. The Beagle of Brussels. Sounds quite formal don't you think ?

Comment

Hi Kevin,

I suspect you might be browsing files in a temporary files directory. Your newsreader downloads an image and stores it that directory. When IrfanView has displayed it, it will display the next file in this directory, not the next file in the newsgroup.

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
          X