Giving away IrfanView on a CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving away IrfanView on a CD

Hi everyone. I haven't posted to this forum before, but I am a long time user of IrfanView.

Is it permitted to give away copies of IrfanView on a CD?

That may sound like a dumb question, but you need to sign up to be allowed to distribute Acrobat Reader, which is "free".
    Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival.
    W. Edwards Deming

Hi Taxlady,

I can't give a clear answer to your question. The only thin I was abble to find is here (see under Usage agreement, but there is no question of distribution.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
      Hi Taxlady,

I can't give a clear answer to your question. The only thin I was abble to find is here (see under Usage agreement, but there is no question of distribution.

Laurent
      Thanks Laurent.

Yeah, I had a look at that before posting. The only thing I can actually find is from the FAQ:
      * Q: I will create a CD-ROM with images and I will put IrfanView on the CD. How can I start IrfanView's Slideshow when I insert the CD in the drive?
      A: You can create either a self running EXE slideshow file (in the slideshow dialog) or you can copy the original files to the CD and use a TXT file. Read the help file page "How to start IrfanView slideshow from a CD?" for examples.
      Which implies that you can distribute it.

Linda
      Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival.
      W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Some authors specially prohibit distribution on shareware CDs. Maybe Adobe wants people to always have the latest (most bloated) version?

Comment

I have interpreted the FAQ statement as "Okey-dokey!" and have given out a couple of CDs with IrfanView, as well as installing it on every computer I am called upon to fix/clean/tune up.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X