Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch scanning from command line : how to use text pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch scanning from command line : how to use text pattern?

I've searched the forums but could not find the answer to my issue.

I'm using IrfanView 4.10 to batch acquire images from my digital camera, using the command line. This works great! Here's the command I currently use:
    C:\iv\i_view32.exe /batchscan=(newImg,1,1,4,1,D:\photos\test2,bmp,0)

Now, I'd like to use the date+time the image was taken as part of the file name. So I looked in the help file and saw that $E306 could be used as a marker for that. But I don't know how to put that into my command. I tried this:
    C:\iv\i_view32.exe /batchscan=($E306,1,1,4,1,D:\photos\test2,bmp,0)
    but this results in files named $E3060003.bmp,$E3060002.bmp, etc.

Can somebody help me with this, or point me to some documentation I have missed?

Thanks!

In any filemanager at detailed mode you can already see the date and time of your photographs. And after connecting your camera to your system via USB, your only once need to go into (not the Wizard!) the Properties to automaticly copy your photos to a directory on your harddisk immidiately after each time you connect your camera (or card reader). See Dutch attachment. Your way of handling files is a little out of date to my opinion. To be honest, me as well wouldn't know how to use the parameter $E306.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sjef,

Thanks for the reply. However, I use Windows 2000 and a Canon Powershot SD850 IS: I'm afraid this combination makes it impossible for Windows to recognize my camera as a USB device, so I cannot browse the picture files on the cam.

I know my method of handling the files may sem a bit outdated but I do the best I can with what I have (Windows 2000).

Out of frustration, I have now built a VBS script to automate the download process without IrfanView. It'll have to do for now

Cheers.

Comment

I'm sorry for not noticeing your operating system...

Comment

Please don't apologize: I know you have your hands full here!
          Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X