slideshow quits/ full-screen fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slideshow quits/ full-screen fails

I run Windows XP Pro and, since a week or two ago, slideshow now fails in IV 4.10 (and even 3.99) with message "No file loaded (use File->Open menu)", even though files have been added...but it's only on my laptop that it fails; my desktop, with same settings, works fine in 4.10 or 3.99. One earlier thread in the forum said to check "start in full screen". Well, I can't even make a single image stay in full-screen mode - it expands, then goes back to windowed form. All XP updates to date are installed (possibly the problem). Any help? Thanks.

Hi vince.gccc
    Originally posted by vince.gccc View Post
    ...All XP updates to date are installed (possibly the problem)...
    Yes, maybe. Look also at http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/show...1&goto=newpost Maybe you could act the same way and move i_view32.ini to another directory. I assume you tried checking the option ‘Suppress errors during playing’. And is your laptop at the same update-level as your PC?

Comment

slideshow quits/full-screen fails

Hi, Sjef,
      I tried those fixes, with no luck. It gets weirder:
      * Picasa can show full screen
      * IrfanView can create a slideshow (.exe) that plays full-screen on the very same laptop
      All versions of IrfanView from 3.95 to 4.01 act the same on both the laptop and the desktop - the desktop shows individual slides or slideshows in full screen on request, the laptop does not (since 3 weeks ago; Service Pack 3 installed about that time, but it was on the desktop, too).
      I tried shutting down all processes that might interfere - I got down to the basic services for Windows, and nothing made a difference. Do you know any apps or system processes that might make a difference? At the same time, the laptop began misbehaving in not shutting down the monitor per Power Options nor starting screensaver (right-click on screensv.scr flicks on the screensaver for a fraction of a second). I have Sophos corporate antivirus up to date, and also SpyBot. Sophos has two items in quarantine, HIPS/RegMod-007 from Skype.exe and HIPS/FileMod-001 from system32/svchost.exe.
      Thanks for any other suggestions you might have

Comment

Working...
      X