PlugIns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlugIns?

PlugIns are rather specific to the IrfanView version, right? Where can one obtain the plugIns for an older version of IrfanView?

Hi Skippybox,

This question has already been answered. Look at this thread:

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thanks Laurent for pointing me in the right direction! There is only a partial list there. Are the other versions and plugIns simply lost? See History of changes at http://www.irfanview.com.

Comment

Hi Skippybox,

To say the truth, I have no interest in such old versions, so I never made a search, but I believe there is no archive such as one can find on SourceForge for example (if that's what you are looking for).

Why this request? Are you interested (for some reason) in a particular version? Do you want to install several? Are you looking for version 1.0? Is it just for curiosity? If you explain what you are really looking for, it is easyer and less time consuming to help.

Laurent

Comment

Hello Laurent,

I do usually like the most current version, but I was curious if there is a complete archive of IrfanViews available; more so than just at oldversion.com or oldapps.com. I thought it would be more important to save such software, even just for historical value, but apparently I guess it's not.

After recently reading threads, I have become interested in researching past versions that I haven't had the pleasure of trying out. I found out though, that there isn't all the versions listed at Irfanview.com available, nor are their plugIns especially. I appreciate that some of the plugIns are available though, through Sam_Zen.

I am possibly interested in using some past versions, but I don't know which exact versions I will end up choosing. That is why I was hoping for a simple archive that I could browse. It isn't that important though. I can make due with what is still available. You mentioned version 1.0; that isn't listed at IrfanView.com. Does it exist? BTW, is the history of changes an exhaustive list of versions?
          Last edited by Skippybox; 19.08.2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Hello Skippybox,

I just had a quick look at my old CD (I use to archive software downloads) but I found nothing Sam_Zen has not already.
            For version 1.0, I just guess it has existed (if versions numberings followed the mathematical progression )

I doubt you could find in older version features that are not available in 4.20. Some people happen to downgrade because there is a bug in the last one, but I believe there is no reason to go back far in the past.

Laurent

Laurent

Comment

Laurent,

Now you see, you archive! So there must be some reason you did so. I'm guessing not even you have ever used version 1.0, huh? I'm not really looking for extra features, more so the lack there of. I am interested mostly in seeing how the program was structured when it was not as loaded as today. Not that it's a bad thing to be loaded. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                So there must be some reason you did so.
                To be careful, in the case I had problems with the new version.

I'm guessing not even you have ever used version 1.0, huh?
                The earliest archive I find here is 3.80 (January 2003).

Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
                  To be careful, in the case I had problems with the new version. The earliest archive I find here is 3.80 (January 2003)
                  I see. That's a good reason. Wow, even I used 3.75! Well, good talking to you. Thanks for all your assistance.

Comment

Working...
                  X