Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edges are blurred.....

Hi,
    I am cutting and pasting an image from power point into IRFANVIEW. The image has text in it and the edges of the text and other parts of the image are "blurred"......any idea how to fix. Nothing i tried seems to work.

It may be blurred because you are working with Office Drawing Objects. You might get some improvement by selecting the whole slide (CTRL+A), then copying it into IrfanView. Next, edit the resulting image in IrfanView as need be.

Comment

Hi welchs101,

Maybe the Powerpoint document was saved with a high compression level for images?

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Unlike when you copy to clipboard from IrfanView, Powerpoint does not place a full resolution image onto the clipboard. It scales it down using some notional dpi value that it keeps in the registry. It does the same thing if you use the Save As feature to save as a JPG or PNG file.
        I suspect you are viewing the image you have pasted into IrfanView at more than 100% zoom. At 100% the text should look sharp but you will probably be disappointed with the image size you have.
        This site explains it http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00052.htm
        I do not know of a Freeware program that will improve the resolution of images exported from Powerpoint. There are several shareware programs including the one that the site above is promoting, but I have never used them myself.

Comment

It also depends on what version of PowerPoint and other things -- including what method you are using to copy and paste. If you are selecting only an image, and not the full page, you may get a better image if the image is of good quality. When you use Ctrl + A to select the whole page, everything is lumped together with a common resolution that may be much lower than that of a particular image. At any rate, I have found that to be true. Of course there is no guarantee that the image in a ppt file that someone else made is of any decent quality. If the PowerPoint file is not very large, the images will be small or poor quality.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X