Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one (1) purchased license installed on three (3) pc's = allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one (1) purchased license installed on three (3) pc's = allowed?

Hello users, I have a short question about the license agreement:
    Is it allowed to install a purchased (registered) license on 3 pc's? To clarify:
    1 license on 3 computers:
    - Home PC
    - Notebook
    - Work PC
    All three computers will have only one user => (me). It involves a single registered (purchased) license.

The only info I found was ( http://www.irfanview.com/ )

----------------------
    If you intend to use IrfanView at your place of business or for commercial purposes, please register and purchase it. I want to continue working on this program, therefore, your registration will be an incentive for me to add new functions and increase the program's quality.

Any suggestions, feedback and comments are welcome and won't be ignored.

If you are a commercial user and you like this program (or are a home user who wants to support/donate further development), please register/donate by sending US$ 12.00 or EUR 10,- (this is the price for one (single) license) to the address below.
    ----------------------

Thank you
    Last edited by dragonetti; 12.10.2008, 10:42 AM.

I don't know much about the details of this matter.
    But I think a crucial thing here is, whether you're the only user on these pc's or not.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thank you Sam Zen.
      Ah... I also thought it would be a matter of how many users would be using the program. I will be the only user of the program and I will use it for my web design/editing assistance from home and to make life easier on my work place.

I made a little mistake in my opening post, I corrected that (it now states that I will be the only one using Irfan View).

Comment

Originally posted by dragonetti View Post
        Ah... I also thought it would be a matter of how many users would be using the program.
        I'm not so sure it does. Generally software is licensed for computers, because several users can use the same computer at one time. In other words, someone doesn't buy a software title for each member of the family for the same family computer.

Since Irfan is vague, it probably isn't too important. You could always e-mail him like he says, to get more information or discounts. Do what you believe is right. You could buy just one for the commercial PC, or two if you will be using the IrfanView on the notebook for work, or three if you like the program at home. Remember, Irfan is doing this for free, so you should consider supporting him as much as you can. Especially, since it sounds like you only have to do it once.

Comment

Yep. Civilized behaviour and support for the efforts of Irfan are the main keys here.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
          X