Installing Irfanview 4.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Irfanview 4.20

When I install Irfanview version 4.20, in the last window when the installation has finished and you have to click on the Done button, here the options "Open FAQs homepage" and "Start Irfanview" are default checked. You can uncheck the option "Start Irfanview" but the option "Open FAQs homepage" is greyed out and can not be unchecked. This means that when you click on the "Done" button the FAQs homepage will automaticaly open. How can I supress this or bypass this during installation.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files

I don't see a way. But, you can skip the installation and just download IrfanView in a ZIP archive. Or, you can do the installation silently using the instructions on that um...infamous FAQs page!
    Last edited by Skippybox; 16.10.2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Well the software has to be distributed with Softgrid to multiple users so the zip archive wouldn't work I think. By making the softgrid sequence we have to be able to disable the webpage during installation since that the users are not allowed to open webpages while starting applications.

Comment

I am not familiar with Softgrid. Can you explain? Why don't you think the zip would work? Why are the users doing the install instead of you? Aren't the users just starting the pre-installed applications through a stream? The webpage only opens after the initial install once and never again. Couldn't you disable the browser from being activated? What about the silent install?
        Last edited by Skippybox; 17.10.2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Softgrid is an application virtualization technology. Check it out here:

It isn't the users who are installing the software. The IT-team is making from every application in the organization a sequence so deployment and distribution will be easyer for them. Well it's just that opening from the web page at the initial setup is what they have to supress. Because otherwise every user who the sequence is distributed to wil get this page. Just trying to find an easier way to do this without having to go trough registry keys. I quess they could try a silent install or even the zip-archive. We'll see if that will work.

Comment

Well, if IT is installing, why will the users get the page? Wouldn't that be over with after the install and user's will simply be opening the application never knowing? What registry keys are you referring to? IrfanView makes little to no use of it. What problems do you foresee with the zip or silent install?

Comment

You can get the zip file and make a brand new installer for it using any free tool, like InnoSetup.
              IrfanPaint developer
              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

The zip file worked!! thanx for the tips

Comment

Always be optimistic!

Comment

Working...
                  X