Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Multiple Monitors

Hi Guys,

I Have quick question. I'm setting up a multi-monitor setup for a client on a bus and I want to know if I can set up slideshows (in folders not EXE versions) to run on /monitor=3- I've been having a play with this switch and can only seem to get it going with the EXE versions of slideshows and I dont have the time to show them how to make their own EXE's and batch files to go with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Archetype

Don't think so. Only works for EXE.

Comment

Thanks

Thats what I was thinking. I just finished writing a guide just incase. Looks like it will be used. Thanks Skippybox.

Comment

If you run Irfanview in a resizable window you can drag that window to any of your screens, then run the slideshow there. The position is saved in the INI file (i_view32.ini) so Irfanview will start up again on that screen until you move it somewhere else.

You could set up a special INI file and include the option to use that one in your command line, but you do need to know the position of monitor 3 (in pixels) relative to Top Left of monitor 1. Irfanview does not calculate that for you.

Another approach is to leave the Irfanview browser on screen 1 and select to "Play the slideshow in a window" from the main slideshow dialog. Uncheck Centred and you can specify where the window is to be positioned anywhere on the extended desktop. Again though you will first need to know the exact mapped location of monitor 3 on that desktop.

Comment

Working...
        X