No announcement yet.

Multiple Instances of Iview from Command Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between Maximized, and Fullscreen?

No I'm OLD (45) Things were alot easier to learn back in those days...

Missing the atachments isn't a big deal, It's mostly pictures of settings, and a Link to the download. I will post the download here, if you wish to see everything...

Comment

Maximize is something you do to a window. Press Enter to go to fullscreen mode from window mode. Or double-click or choose Fullscreen from the View menu or the context menu. Fullscreen has its own set of options. I am surprised you didn't know about fullscreen.

45 isn't old, but that is older than I imagined. Things were probably easier, but that is debatable.
      Last edited by Skippybox; 30.10.2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing the download with your script.

I was only half joking about the slideshow.

Did you try fullscreen mode? Still can't believe you didn't know. So many apps have a dedicated fullscreen mode.

Comment

Here's the code, it's pretty straight-forward, and commented.
          I posted an image in the Gameex thread recently of the monitor with the images displayed.

Code:
          ;This script will display images on a secondary display while running GameEX
          ;Thanks to SkippyBox from the Irfanview forums for the guidance!
          ;If I have any rights, I lay claim to them!
          ;You will find me at the GameEX forums, username "Tempest"

#NoTrayIcon
          #SingleInstance Force
          SetTitleMatchMode, 2

MarqMaker := A_WorkingDir

;*** Path to GamEx.ini ***
          GameExIni :="C:\Program Files (x86)\GameEx\CONFIG\GameEx.ini"

;*** Get all of the parameters***
          Loop, %0%
          {
              if A_Index = 1
                {
                  ROM := %A_Index%
                }
              else if A_Index > 1
                {
                  param := %A_Index% 
                  Arguments = %Arguments% %param%
                }
          }

; *** Get MamePath, and Mame.exe ***
          Loop, read, %GameExIni% 
          {
              IfInString, A_LoopReadLine, MAMEpath=
                {
          	StringReplace, MamePath, A_LoopReadLine, %A_SPACE%,, All 
          	MamePath := SubStr(MamePath, 10)
                }
              IfInString, A_LoopReadLine, MAMEEXE=
                {
          	StringReplace, MameEXE, A_LoopReadLine, %A_SPACE%,, All 
          	MameEXE := SubStr(MameEXE, 9)
                  Break
                }
          }

;*** Clear the Sreen ***
          Run, taskkill.exe /IM i_view32.exe 

;*** Wait For Gameex to Stop Sending "O" "K" "ENTER" ***
          Sleep, 2000

Gosub, Bottom
          Gosub, TopLeft
          Gosub, TopRight
          Gosub, TopMiddle

;*** Run Mame ***
          Runwait, %MameEXE% %ROM% %Arguments%, %MamePath%

;*** Display GameEx Images ***
          RunWait, %MarqMaker%\GameExScript.exe

Exitapp

;****************************** Subroutines ****************************************

Bottom: ;***************************************************************************

;*** Display Marquee on Bottom of Screen ***
          IfExist, %Mamepath%\marquees\%ROM%.png
            Run, %MarqMaker%\Bottom\i_view32.exe %Mamepath%\marquees\%ROM%.png /hide=15

;*** If no Marquee is found, Use this file ***
          Else
            Run, %MarqMaker%\Bottom\i_view32.exe %MarqMaker%\My Images\MameLogo.PNG /hide=15
          Return

TopLeft: ;**************************************************************************

;*** Display CPWizard Image ***
          IfExist, %MarqMaker%\CPWizard\%ROM%.png
            Run, %MarqMaker%\TopLeft\i_view32.exe %MarqMaker%\CPWizard\%ROM%.png /hide=15

;*** If no CPWizard Image is found, Use this file ***
          Else
            Run, %MarqMaker%\Bottom\i_view32.exe %MarqMaker%\My Images\MameLogo.PNG /hide=15
          Return

TopRight: ;*************************************************************************

;*** Display Mame Admin Buttons ***
          Run, %MarqMaker%\TopRight\i_view32.exe %MarqMaker%\My Images\CPWMame.png /hide=15
          Return

TopMiddle: ;************************************************************************

;*** Display Original Control Panel ***
          IfExist, %Mamepath%\cpanel\%ROM%.png
            Run, %MarqMaker%\TopMiddle\i_view32.exe %MamePath%\cpanel\%ROM%.png /hide=15

;*** If No Control Panel, then Use Flyer ***
          Else
            IfExist, %Mamepath%\flyers\%ROM%.png
              Run, %MarqMaker%\TopMiddle\i_view32.exe %MamePath%\flyers\%ROM%.png /hide=15

;*** If No Flyer, then Use Cabinet ***
          Else
            IfExist, %Mamepath%\cabinets\%ROM%.png
              Run, %MarqMaker%\TopMiddle\i_view32.exe %MamePath%\cabinets\%ROM%.png /hide=15

;*** If No Cabinet, then Use This Image  ***
          Else
              Run, %MarqMaker%\TopMiddle\i_view32.exe %MarqMaker%\My Images\MameLogo.PNG /hide=15
          Return

Comment

Thanks Morpheus! Hopefully in the future I'll figure out what you have done, once I learn AHK.

I posted an image in the Gameex thread recently of the monitor with the images displayed.
            Great. Like I said, can't see any attachments unless I become a member like you. I can imagine.
            Last edited by Skippybox; 01.11.2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Go Crazy with Slideshows

Here's some ideas for a slideshow.

You can either use the switch /slideshow=txt file or /slideshow=folder. You could also do EXE slideshows, but those are less flexible. You could go overboard like I did with this idea, so you should probably focus on just one show for maybe your marquee. If you have several images you want to use for a game you could place them in a folder with a name like 88games. Your slideshow settings would be in the ini, determining where to put the images and their duration. What's cool about running slideshows is that you can specify a borderless window size and position! Check out all your options, like random and loop in the Slideshow dialog (hotkey W). You might have images, animation, music, or even video...I know it's overboard. LOL

Folder slideshow
              Code:
              cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView2

i_view32.lnk "C:\Emulators\Mame64.127\marquees\%1\*.png" /ini="C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView2\Slideshow"
              exit
              Custom TXT file slideshow
              Code:
              cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView2

i_view32.lnk "C:\Emulators\Mame64.127\marquees\%1.txt" /ini="C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView2\Slideshow"
              exit
              Be creative and have fun!

Comment

SkippyBox,

You thought I was gone, didn't you!

I was just re-reading this, I was having a problem yesterday, and I found the answer here in this thread. So you helped me again!

I have been working on creating a GUI for the original application. I now have it so a user can open the Iview windows, (I have some tools for equally space images, and working with the Iview windows in general). When the images are arranged the way the user wants, the .ini files are saved, and the images can be re-loaded at a later time. I'm not done, but it's coming...

It may be something that could be modified for Iview users if any one has an interest. Maybe the ability to run multiple slideshows in a user defined montage?

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks again for the help that you gave me before...

Merry Christmas!

Comment

SkippyBox,

I need your help again. I am pretty sure that Iview must have a "minimum size" that it will remember when using RememberWinPos=1 in the ini file. If I make a window larger it remembers it, but If I try to make it too small, it seems to go back to a default size of 495 x 366. Am I right? If so, is there a way around this?

Comment

Morpheus,

Happy New Year!

Sorry for my unavailability, I was having a "Merry Christmas". I hope you did as well.

Yes, this is a problem with IV. You see, the toolbars (visible or not!) seem to reset the window size to make sure they are visible. The display mode has some effect on the size as well. You can see it when using fit to window versus fit to image. Annoying it is, but other programs can behave this way as well. Slideshow would eliminate this problem, but you will hit another limit, as it seems to only accept 100x100 minimum. Hopefully, you don't need anything smaller.

Open small windows the right size

Comment

Working...
                    X