Question about lossless Operations from Thumbs-Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about lossless Operations from Thumbs-Menu

Well, I am not sure about it, but I had thought, that using the lossless opration (here: rotation) is working with multiple files also.
    But at actual (4.20) this seems to work with one selected or with the first of many selected jpegs only.

So the questions is: Do I guess right, this should work with multiple jpegs?

Martin

Yes, they should work with multiple JPGs from the Thumbnail window. Every dialog reminds you of this and I have verified it to be true. What makes you think otherwise? What settings are you trying to use?

Comment

It may not be relevant here but if your images contain EXIF Orientation data it is quite easy to confuse yourself about what actually happened during a lossless (or any other) rotation.

My advice is to always uncheck the option "Auto-rotate Images according to EXIF Info" under the JPG/PCD/GIF tab of Properties/Settings before doing any image rotation that you intend to save (and remember that lossless rotations are automatically re-saved). After changing that option you need to refresh the Thumbnails (F5) to see the true orientation of the images you are about to work on.

The other thing to remember is that if you want the images to always be displayed in that new orientation in future, regardless of whether Auto-rotate is On or Off, then you also need to check (and save) the option "Reset EXIF orientation tag" in the JPEG save options.

Comment

Working...
      X