Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resampled Zooming

Originally posted by kabumm View Post
    thing is, irfan view uses "resample" to resize the image, if it needs to resize the image to the window or your monitor, BUT IT DOESN'T use it if you simplay use the zoom tool to zoom in. i also find that pretty annoying. i often use +/- buttons in fullscreen to zoom in on a detail, beforehand the image is nice and clean and then gets pixelated. i mean, todays computers are fast enough to resample the image in high quality even if i hit the zoom tool 20 times in second...
    The Use "Resample" for fitting option will improve the display quality for fitted images (fit to window or desktop), when fitted or zoomed in window mode. In fullscreen mode it only works for fitting. The option is slower than normal display and needs more RAM. You should read Fullscreen "resample" option not working. If you need resampled zooming fullscreen, you could workaround it by making window mode act like fullscreen, by hiding elements.

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
    Yet I don't see the benefits of viewing a picture on a larger scale then the original. It's like looking on a newspaper fotograph with a magnifying-glass. The quality it's getting any better.
    One could be zooming in on a very large image that had been fitted, which would be better in quality. It would not have to be 1:1 to zoom in. It might start at 20% fitted and you could be zooming in to say 50%. Isn't that better?

Comment

Working...
    X