Is irfanview vista ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is irfanview vista ready

Is irfanview fully compatible with vista 32 bit yet?

IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

With version 4.23 you should not need to do those things in the link that MItaly gave you. The installer will now write that INI file correctly, which should stop Vista creating the compatibility files that some people had problems with.
      Having said that I think there still could be problems with old INI files that were created in VirtualStore folders by earlier versions and I would certainly clear them out as I described there.
      After I got wise to compatibility files I found copies of i_view32.ini in all sorts of unlikely places including a VirtualStore folder for Microsoft Word 2000. How it got there I do not know. Possibly when I hyperlinked an image file from a Word document.
      Anyway my Vista installation of IV now runs pretty well. I do very, very occasionally still get a shutdown caused, I think, by the fast dual core processor in my computer. There was once a big problem with that which was substantially fixed a couple of issues back. That has nothing to do with Vista though. It happened to people running XP too.

Comment

What if I am using it on a user account? Will that have any effect on if ifranview is compatible with vista 32 bit?

Comment

No problem. If you select multiple users during installation, then your user files (i_view32.ini, slideshow.lst, etc.) should appear in your own user folders under \Appdata\Roaming\Irfanview.
          If you decide to install the program in a folder other than the default (C:\Program Files\IrfanView) then those user files will be in the same folder as the program, so you must of course make sure that it is a folder where you will have full read/write permissions as a user.

Comment

Working...
          X