Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altering EXIF through batch command line

Let's say I have a file which includes Name, ImageFileName, Date
    So Each Name and Date is unique per ImageFileName.

I need to run the irfanview command line Batch to add overlay text of
    Name & Date, and then print the image.
    The Batch Conversion Overlay text can only add fixed text for the whole batch and EXIF data.

Is there a way to alter the EXIF info in batch command in a way to include my Names info to a specific EXIF, and then have the normal Batch Conversion Overlay Text retrieve and print that data ?

Can I have more that one column in the /filelist=txtfile ????
    And then overlay the text from column 2 of the txtfile ???

Thanks !

IrfanView can't edit EXIF, but you can edit JPG comment and IPTC data, even in batch. However, it will all be the same. You need something more automated, yet customized.

What you need is to do is copy your files and rename them to Name. That way you could use the filename in overlay text. Since you seem to indicate you have a txt file with this information, you should be able to automate this. I would use a batch file to rename the files and a spreadsheet program to manipulate the data and create the commands. Basically, you need to import your txt file and make a formula. You need the syntax:

REN [drive:][path]filename1 filename2

so you might use the concatenate function. It might look like this:

=CONCATENATE("ren """;A1;""" """;B1;".jpg""")

Then just export the commands to a batch file and run it to rename the files. Now you should be able to run batch conversion with your overlay text set to filename and date.

If you need more assistance, just ask.

Comment

Working...
    X