Selected Thumbs as HTML - link to source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selected Thumbs as HTML - link to source

I want to create the HTML pages but I want the link to source image in the original directory while the thumbnail pages are on another directory.

Reason: I have around 60,000 photos and I do not want to create another duplicate directory structure of over 150 GB.

This is for reference on my own desktop. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Boris

PS - This would also be accessible on my home LAN only behind a router firewall.
    Last edited by borlavrin; 27.02.2009, 11:25 AM. Reason: Clarification

Should be easy. By default, Link images to original files on local disk ("file://") is enabled. If you don't want duplication, then you should disable Copy original images to destination folder (recommended). One thing you have to worry about is image size. If you don't set up the options correctly, the images can appear full size, easily exceeding the window size. If you want the thumbnails separated from the HTML pages in the folder then specify a Thumbnails sub-folder.

Basically you just have to decide two things. Whether you want the links to open in the same window, or a new one. And whether you want one HTML file for each thumbnail (HTML browsing), or to load the image right in the browser. Each one gives you a different effect, so be sure to test them all before going ahead.

Comment

Just what I wanted - and it worked at once.

I appreciate your help - now to try the variations and see what suits my needs best.

Cheers from cold Saskatchewan, Canada - minus 30 C this morning!

Boris

Comment

Working...
      X