Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about folder-browsing

Hi All,

My primary use of irfanview is sorting through large folders of photography. However, I have come across two issues I do not know how to solve.

1) the position of the window changes every time I hit 'next', as if I've opened a new irfanView window. I have selected the option 'remember the last window size/position', but it does not seem to help.

2) Although I do not have it associated with anything other than image files, irfanView will also open other filetypes (esp. videos!) to great annoyance. I have video players already, I do not need or want irfanView to open them. Can I tell it to stop overstepping it's bounds as an image-viewer somehow?

thank you

CL Maxwell

O/S: Windows XP
    irfanView version: 4.20
    Cores: 4

Hi there
    The answer to (1) is to select one of the Display options that do not allow the window size to change. These are "Fit images to window", "Fit only big images to window" and "Do not fit anything". Oh, and avoid using any of the fast zoom shortcut keys except Ctrl+H. The others all change the Display option to the one that Irfan recommends and I never do.

For (2) open Options> Properties >Extensions. If you are happy to associate images with Irfanview then select "Load only associated types.." and click on"Images only". If not select "Load custom file types" and edit the Default extensions string to list only the file types that you do want to display.

Enjoy your browsing.

Comment

Working...
    X