The size is 1.156.096 bytes.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Originally posted by derniwi View Post
      Hi,

what is the files size? I've just downloaded from here:

The size is 1.156.096 bytes.

Regards, Nils.
      I tried to install this.. I can dl, I can rename... I can not run.. Operation terminated with problems.

Comment

Did you really carry out this? (I wrote this before). Start Regedit and search for every Irfan-entry with Ctrl+F and F3. Delete every Irfan-command, -dword or -folder. Then IrfanView should install without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
          Did you really carry out this? (I wrote this before). Start Regedit and search for every Irfan-entry with Ctrl+F and F3. Delete every Irfan-command, -dword or -folder. Then IrfanView should install without a problem.
          No more irfan entries in registry. Still not working

Comment

I agree with Sjef and Matera that this doesn't seem caused by IV. And the winblows firewall is a crappy product.
            What's the exact text of the error-message ? Although, when things go wrong in the system, its error-messages can become wrong too sometimes.
            As said : user rights ?

I don't expect much of it, but more suggestions :
            1) Decrease as much apps as possible in the StartUp folder. I mean all the autorun things which appear in the taskbar after boot.
            2) Install IV in a folder outside Program Files.
            3) It can't run, but the fysical installation succeeds. So, at that point, some graphical formats must have got the association wit IV. Try to activate IrfanView 'indirectly' by double-clicking on such a file.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi nex,

As Nils suggested, the first thing to do is to check the size of your setup file (1156096 bytes). I repeat this because you just answered you re-downloaded the file, so I suppose you didn't check the file size.

If the size is different (and maybe even if it is the same), re-download the file, as Steve suggested. But be careful: if the file you already downloaded is corrupted for any reason, and a copy is still present in your cache folder (Temporary Internet Files), then you will probably get the same corrupted file from the copy in your cache (and not from the website) when you'll try to re-download it. To avoid this, empty your cache (Temporary Internet Files folder) first and download it again.

Laurent
              Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

error msg

This it what says the error message: "A problem appeared in aplication iview400_setup.exe. Sorry for problems." I dont know how is it exactly in english, this is simply translated from Czech.

The size is ok.

Comment

Error msg generated for Microsoft

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
                  <DATABASE>
                  <EXE NAME="iview400_setup.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="iview400_setup.exe" SIZE="1156096" CHECKSUM="0x92E04D20" BIN_FILE_VERSION="4.0.0.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="4.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="4.00" FILE_DESCRIPTION="IrfanView Installer" COMPANY_NAME="Irfan Skiljan" PRODUCT_NAME="IrfanView Installer" FILE_VERSION="4.00" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="iview400_setup.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="IrfanView Installer" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 2007 by Irfan Skiljan, Austria" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="4.0.0.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="4.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="04/23/2007 15:07:34" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/23/2007 15:07:34" VER_LANGUAGE="Němčina (Rakousko) [0xc07]" />
                  </EXE>
                  <EXE NAME="USER32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="user32.dll" SIZE="577536" CHECKSUM="0x7C71960F" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows XP USER API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Operační systém Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.070308-0222)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="user32" INTERNAL_NAME="user32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. V?echna práva vyhrazena." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x8FFB3" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3099" LINK_DATE="03/08/2007 15:38:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/08/2007 15:38:40" VER_LANGUAGE="Če?tina [0x405]" />
                  </EXE>
                  <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                  <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983040" CHECKSUM="0xF9C4C875" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Operační systém Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.070416-1301)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. V?echna práva vyhrazena." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF9A83" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:54:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:54:40" VER_LANGUAGE="Če?tina [0x405]" />
                  </EXE>
                  </DATABASE>

Comment

No clue, but I sent a PM that I hope might be helpful
                    Its: Belongs to "It"
                    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                    ---------------------
                    Lose: Fail to keep
                    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

No clue either here, but what's this "FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_.." doing there all the time ?
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

where exactly occurs the error? Can you select an install folder or will the installer crash immediatley? If it is possible try to install to a new test folder, i.e. "c:\ie" maybe your windows uses some special characters (it doesn't seem to be a generic english or german version).

Or try to change the affinity in the task manager to one processor if you have a hyper threading oder multi core / processor system. Maybe you can try to call the setup.exe from a dos box and change the affinity of the dos box to one processor first.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

The installer crashes immediately.

Comment

OK

Matera, thanks a lot for zipfile link. Now I can use Irfanview with no problems...

And also thanks for people who were thinking about my problem...

Comment

Working...
                            X