Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Include subfolders in command line slideshow

Hello,

How do I include subfolders (a.k.a subdirectories) using the irfanview command line slideshow?

Currently I have a shortcut that reads:

D:\Infanview\i_view32.exe /slideshow="E:\images" /closeslideshow

It works, but only displays images in the main "images" directory.

I've searched through the forums and the i_options.txt, but I can't find the command line option to include subfolders. I realize that I could reference a txt file that lists all the subdirectories, but there are hundreds and I am always adding more.

I've tried selecting the "include subdirectories" option in the irfanview program slideshow options, but it doesn't carry over to running a slideshow with the command line.

I've also tried adding the old dos modifier /s and /e that were used with the xcopy command to include subfolders. That didn't work either.

Same here... I´m trying to do exactly that... Any help??

Thx a lot!

Comment

Alternative

Well, I still haven't figured out how to do this with irfanview, but I've found an alternative free program that works pretty well. You can set a ton of command line options for it. It's called ArtSee. I'm having some trouble accessing the site for it now, so I can't include a link. If you'd like me to upload ArtSee to a file sharing site, let me know.

Comment

The link to ArtSee, to be found at Snapfiles :
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The command line in ArtSee is just what I was looking for... however, I cannot make it auto-rotate images according to EXIFF information...

Am I doing something wrong??... or does that program lack that feature?

Thx a lot.

Comment

I've gone through the documentation for Artsee and they don't mention EXIFF information anywhere. I guess it's not supported.

It may not be much help, but you can press r and l on the keyboard to rotate manually.

The Artsee website is back up: http://www.xworks.ca/artsee/

Comment

work around

Ok, I've found a work around for this, but it's not perfect. What you do is start Irfanview. Select Menu, and then Slidshow.

Check the box in the lower left that says (Include subdirectories for "Add All").

Then select the folder you want on the right side and click the button "Add All".

Then click the button on the left that says "Save file names as TXT file." Save it in the Irfanview directory (for this example).

Now, set up a shortcut on your desktop (or wherever) and put the following in it: C:\Infanview\i_view32.exe /slideshow=images.txt /closeslideshow

Obviously, replace images.txt with whatever you named the text file and /closeslideshow is optional.

This will then include all of the images in the directory you chose including the subfolders in the command line slideshow. While it works, if you add any new files to those directories, they will not be recognized and you'll have to go through these steps again and rebuild the list.

Comment

Working...
              X