• Show
Clear All

Fit to screen does not work right.

monitor: 24 inch syncmaster 2433
    monitor refresh rate: 60 hz
    Video card: Nvidia Geforce 8600

desktop resolution: 1920x1200
    color quality: 32 bit

When I try to display pictures that exceed the resolution of my desktop, the fit to screen does not work. The pictures are rather blank until i press negative (-) a few times to zoom out.

When I open the picture, it zooms to 1395 x 1046, but the picture is not visible. It is incoherent or blank. Each time I press negative (-) it goes to 1268 x 951, 1153 x 864, 1048 x 786, 953 x 714, all of which are not incoherent nor visible. Then, it goes to 866 x 649 and I see the picture and make it out clearly. 866 x 649 is 27% of the photo

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer displays the picture fine. I don't know what resolution it uses....

However, Irfanview's fit to screen does not work.
    Attached Files

Fit to screen is a full screen option. You seem to be listing zoom dimensions. Are you talking about a window? Window mode has its own display options apart from full screen mode. Look in View>Display options as opposed to Properties/Settings.

If this is a full screen problem, then make sure your display multiplier is 100%. Check the zoom by showing text $Z.

Comment

Thank you. I will use those settings more. I think the whole problem is with my video card malfunctioning at different times. It might be a conflict with firefox plugins or something else.

However, the picture views and opens fine right now after I did a reboot and reloaded the picture later.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X