Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change the batch conversion default "look in" directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the batch conversion default "look in" directory?

Also this is my first post so to save people time, I use Irfanview 4.25, and I run Windows 7 64bit on a 2-core processor.

That being said, for whatever reason, when I do batch conversions, for some reason irfanview always defaults to a certain "look in" folder that I would really rather it not default to. Is there any way to change it so that it defaults to my desktop or something to that effect?

So far i've tried to uninstall and reinstall irfanview and it goes right back to that folder, and I even tried temporarily renaming the folder, which worked but then when I changed the folder back to the original name irfanview goes ahead and defaults right back to it. I'd leave the name changed but first off that's not the point, i should be able to change the default "look in" folder, and second i have several other programs that i need to default to this folder and i'd rather not have to change the settings on all of them just for this one program.

I hope i explained my problem clearly and thank you in advanced for your time.

Uncheck Options>Properties/Settings>Miscellaneous>Open Batch dialog in last used batch folder, if you don't want the folder remembered. The folder will now become whatever your current or last viewed directory is.

IrfanView can start in a particular folder: Options>Properties/Settings>Start/Exit options>Start options>Set program start folder

However, that doesn't always affect batch, which follows the Open Directory or MRUD (Most Recently Used Directories) setting. In order to get the MRUD1 (File>Recent Directories) to match the specific program start folder, you would need to load the directory first. You can do that by pressing F5 (View>Refresh) at program start or open the Thumbnails Window.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
      Uncheck Options>Properties/Settings>Miscellaneous>Open Batch dialog in last used batch folder, if you don't want the folder remembered. The folder will now become whatever your current or last viewed directory is.

IrfanView can start in a particular folder: Options>Properties/Settings>Start/Exit options>Start options>Set program start folder

However, that doesn't always affect batch, which follows the Open Directory or MRUD (Most Recently Used Directories) setting. In order to get the MRUD1 (File>Recent Directories) to match the specific program start folder, you would need to load the directory first. You can do that by pressing F5 (View>Refresh) at program start or open the Thumbnails Window.
      Heya, sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to thank you for the detailed post. The first few suggestions didn't work (The thing was already checked and setting the start folder somewhere else didn't work) but hitting F5 at the start of the program did the trick.

Thank you for everything.

Comment

Working...
      X