Problem with Canon RAW (*.cr2) format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Canon RAW (*.cr2) format

I run IrfanView 4.25 on Win98 and also on XP.

When I open Canon raw-files (*.cr2) the file (full scale, but the same is also true for the preview) is just shown in grey scale but not coloured. The problem remains when I use Canon DLLs for opening.

The same file opened with XnView is shown coloured.

Which settings have to be changed to see the cr2-file with IrfanView in colour?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards
    Juergen

Hi Juergen,

Properties/Settings -> JPG/PCD/GIF and "Load as greyscale" should be unchecked.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi Laurent,

the option "Load as greyscale" *is* unchecked.

Jürgen

Comment

No one any idea?

Comment

Hi Juergen,

I tried with a CR2 (from a 20Da) I have here and it is displayed in colour. Can you post one of those images on a website so that I can download it to try?

Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
            Can you post one of those images on a website so that I can download it to try?
            Hi Laurent,

thanks for your help in advance. I have uploaded one of the RAW files and sent you the URL via private message.

Juergen

Comment

Hi Juergen,

I played with the options in Options > Properties/Settings > PlugIns. I unchecked all options (see screen capture) and I saw the picture in colours. As soon as I checked "Try to load embedded preview images" I saw the picture in black and white.
              Is there a reason (an option within the EOS-1Ds Mark III) making the preview image black and white?

Laurent
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Laurent,

thanks a lot for your help! In retrospect I ask myself, why I did'nt play around more (i.e. uncheck all options) before posting here.

As I was not the photographer I'm not sure about the camera options regarding the embedded preview image. But as ist was originally planned to make black and white prints, I can imagine, that the photographer choose that option (either via camera or by photoshop before copying the files on the DVD). I will ask him the next time I see him and post his answer.

Juergen

Comment

Working...
                X