Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have Backspace Key Delete Images

Hello,

I just got a Logitech Dinovo Mini which has no dedicated delete button-I have to press the "FN" key and the 0 key to delete an image. Is there any way to set the Backspace key to function as delete inside of Irfanview?

Thanks.

There have been other requests for editable key commands. We hope someday. I don't know if you can remap the keyboard on that.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

What are you trying to delete? Backspace does already have a function in the Irfanview browser - to step back one image. It would be better to learn a different way to delete if you find your FN+0 shortcut too difficult.

If you are deleting occasional files from the Browser then clicking on the toolbar icon is a quick alternative to the delete key. In Thumbnails right click and select delete from the pop-up menu.

If you are deleting a lot of files from the browser, it is usually better to tag them (key X) as you go, and finally press Shift+Q to show them as thumbnails that you can delete all together.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Matera, You can reassign the extra keys on the keyboard - my temporary workaround has been to change the "Launch Media Center" button to delete. Which works fine as long as no one else picks up the keyboard and says, "Hmm, I wonder what that button with the funny windows flag on it does" and starts deleting files from a explorer window that happens to be open...

Mij, I load large batches of pictures on the computer and then go into full-screen mode to make a quick run through editing them. Either right arrow to keep and go on to next, delete to get rid of. I am generally deleting 3/4 or more of the pictures at a time. I will try marking them - sounds like it could work.

Comment

Update:
          Tested the "mark with X method". Found that I have to advance to the next image manually after marking and couldn't find an "auto-advance" option like there for delete. So, ended up marking the ones I want to KEEP since they are far fewer, moving them out of the folder when done and deleting whatever was left.

An extra step at the end, but works. Thanks for the help...

Comment

Oh dear, yes, key remapping + visitors to the computer would be a problem.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by glange View Post
              Update:
              Tested the "mark with X method". Found that I have to advance to the next image manually after marking and couldn't find an "auto-advance" option like there for delete. So, ended up marking the ones I want to KEEP since they are far fewer, moving them out of the folder when done and deleting whatever was left.
              An extra step at the end, but works. Thanks for the help...
              Yes that is a disadvantage if you are advancing the images manually. I usually use Shift+A so that the images are displayed automatically and just sit back pressing X whenever I see one I want to delete. You can press Shift+A again to stop at any time or use the back arrow (whether stopped or not) to go back a few images if you want to see something again. Look out for the (X) in the status bar at the bottom to see the ones you have already tagged and use Shift+X to untag if you have changed your mind.

Comment

Working...
              X