Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't disable Resample for zooming, or what's this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't disable Resample for zooming, or what's this?

Hello.
    I've just upgraded from 1.22 to 1.25 and would like to clear this before deciding to stick with 1.22 back forever.
    One of the most common uses of IrfanView for me is, paste a screenshot, crop it to a very tiny part and then fit it to screen, this allows me to pick colours from screenshots for use in bbcode formatting.
    What it used to be in 1.22 and what i need is here (a sample icon from this forum; not the whole screen size, i'm not that evil).
    What it looks like now is this.
    I need it to resample for zooming like with 'Nearest neighbor' setting in Photoshop, but it seems to use 'Bicubic' setting.
    In Properties/Settings > Full screen / Slideshow i have the 'Use “Resample” function for zooming' flag off. If that's the wrong flag, then which should i use?
    Thanks!

If you have been cropping then presumably you are viewing in a window, not full screen.
    The options you want are found under the View menu. View> Display options (Window mode). Uncheck Use Resample for fitting and Use Resample for zooming.

Comment

Thanks, that made it. Had no idea there's more settings outside of Properties/Settings.

Comment

Working...
      X