"tiff" is unsupported Save file type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"tiff" is unsupported Save file type?

With 4.25, dated 9/3/2009, I've had a minor annoyance with saving tif files "in place" with ctrl-S if the file extension is "tiff".

These are "normal" ccitt group 4 files. File extension is "tiff". They open in IV without trouble. If I do a resize to shrink the image, and then "ctrl-s" to save, I get a "TIFF Unsupported save type!" message from IV. If I first rename to "tif" and then open and do the same steps, IV saves the file without complaint.

Should this be expected?
    Last edited by jsc37227; 28.10.2009, 12:00 PM.

Yes, I believe that is how it has always been. It does seem unreasonably restrictive, though. Almost any other image program can do it easily.

It seems that all the save types, shown in the dialog are fixed at three characters. If you show the Save dialog, IV does not recognize the TIFF format and gives you the Save As dialog instead.

This is what IV currently shows:

But, it should show something more like this:

Attached Files

Comment

But it is odd that in the file extensions dialog, both tif and tiff are listed. Guess that's just for opening.

Seems like it is just a tiny oversite - something left over from the 8.3 days.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X