Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program start up

Hope I get all the info in.
    I was running IrfanView under Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) with no problem. I then tried to install the 'plug-in' from BaPax, to allow me to convert image files to other formats, without having to open IrfanView. The installation program tried to run, but failed to install. However it made a change somewhere because now when I try to run IrfanView (every time), the computer asks me if I want to run the program..this didn't happen before trying to install the PaBax plug-in..
    IrfanView doesn't have a digital signature..how can I get the program to run, without having to keep giving my permission...I've tried all permutations? Please don't suggest 'system restore', as I delete the 'past installation' as a matter of security...I don't want to disable the computer security completely...just allow this program to run
    So PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall IV?
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

If IrfanView ShellExtension (from BaPax, PaBax?) doesn't work on Windows 7, why not deinstall this extension and try FirmTools ShellExtension?
      (But I'm not sure whether both extensions works with this operating system!)
      Attached Files

Comment

Problems

Thanks for the speedy replies. But...
        As the program from PaBAX didn't install, it doesn't appear on the un-install list. I've tried un-install Irfanview, then reinstalling...but it makes no difference

Comment

Have you tried a cleaning tool like CCleaner, ClearProg or another one!
          Possibly there are still some invalid associations!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
            Hope I get all the info in.
            IrfanView doesn't have a digital signature..how can I get the program to run, without having to keep giving my permission...I've tried all permutations?
            So PLEASE HELP!
            A bit obvious but........in Vista the dialog that asks you to give permission has a little checkbox for "Do not ask me again". Has Windows 7 removed that?

Comment

The problem has nothing to do with Windows Security, it happens when you run an older 32-Bit program under Windows 7, 64-Bit. Completely uninstalling and re-installing IrfanView should solve the problem. I sugest you use NirSoft's MyUninstaller - it is free and does a much better job than Windows Uninstall!

You may also try specifying that IrfanView run in Windows XP compatibility mode (I do not know exactly how you can do that under Windows 7 64-Bit though...)
              Last edited by WellOiledPC; 18.12.2009, 01:34 PM. Reason: To add the NirSoft link
              Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
              IrfanView Website - Here
              Sam_Zen's Website - Here
              Author's Website - Here

Comment

Done it

Hi all...
                Many thanks for the various suggestions..
                In the end I un-installed the program..and installed it in a different directory.
                It did mean having to re-install the 'Unlimited Filter 2.0
                But now it works under Windows 7 (64) as it did before.

Comment

Working...
                X